Model Cars Magazine Forum

What AMT Ertl big rig parts would you like to see reissued as parts packs?

Hello All,

If you can pull parts from AMT Ertl semi truck kits and trailers and release them in individual parts packs, what would they be? Engines, wheels, tires, accessories?

Please be specific (like type of engine from this or that kit), and only from AMT Ertl kits. All ideas welcome.

Thanks - Rob

Wheels with tires, the 10 hole disc wheels from the AMT Kenworth K100 Aerodyne, the 5 hole front wheels from the Autocar A64B, Dayton wheels from the GMC Astro95/Chevrolet Titan 90 and others, the larger 11.00 X 22 wheels from the White Freightliner.

Maybe a kit to do a Single Drive and Day Cab from the Dual Drive Sleeper Cab White Freightliner, AMT has done both versions.

Thermo King Reefer unit with tank from the Ertl Great Dane Trailer.

Smoke Stacks, Horns, Roof Lights are some other things.

Fuller Transmissions, are in several kits.

Rear Suspensions, the KW Air Glide 100 from the K100 kits, KW Torsion Bar from the old W925, Mack Camel Back.
There are certainly more, but these comes to mind right now.

If these "things" were available as parts packs there wouldn't be any need for resin copies. I personally would rather buy a styrene parts pack than a resin copy of anything, regardless of who the caster might be. And that is NOT meant to be an attack on ANY of the casters that do serve the hobby. IMHO, casters best serve the hobby by filling the voids left by the kit manufacturers, not by making copies of the kits and parts that the manufacturers do produce.

I totally agree. The sad part is, as truck modelers we do more wishin' than recievin'

Since he was looking for things to cast on another page, methinks hes looking to make resin copies of desirable parts.

Actually, no.

I'm talking with some friends at the manufacturer to suggest which products might make good reissues as parts packs.

Actually, no.

I'm talking with some friends at the manufacturer to suggest which products might make good reissues as parts packs.

I stand corrected.If thats the case, the Mack and Autocar suspensions and axles were mentioned. I would buy these by the dozens. It would be nice to be able to buy just an engine, or just a dump body or wrecker body without bashing a kit at collector prices.

Keep us posted

Edited by Superpeterbilt

the merk is worth it,I feel. Ive take mine out of the package and looked it over.as mentioned the attachment poins are big. hopefully a bmf repair wont show too much.It wouls look great on a vintage amt W900 or ertle 4300 because of all the chrome in those kits. I'll probably paint mine with semi gloss though when I use it

I was thinking about this, and if Round2 was going to issue "Parts Packs" I agree with Kevin that the unique Alaskan Hauler parts (headache rack, propane tanks, hood, bumper) would be a good one, as would the Montone dump body from the Autocar DC kit. (I like it better that the Heil dump body from the PayStar 5000 kit, but that's just me.)