Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius International ProStar build. Cab mounted, 6-21-14

Yeah, I'm with everyone else on that, Man....The paint looks great....Gotta go with that.....

If you can, check out the dollar stores in your area.....I know the ones down here, seem to always have some discontinued paint in there.....Of course, this is Houston, so......If you can't find it, here, it doesn't exist..... :D

Yeah, I'm with everyone else on that, Man....The paint looks great....Gotta go with that.....

If you can, check out the dollar stores in your area.....I know the ones down here, seem to always have some discontinued paint in there.....Of course, this is Houston, so......If you can't find it, here, it doesn't exist..... :D

Thanks J.T. We only have a a small Dollar General here. I went out yesterday to the local NAPA Auto Parts to get a bulb for the interior of my car at 3 in the afternoon, and they were already closed... The motto in this tiny burg is, "If you can't find it, ya shoulda got here EARLIER!!!" :lol:

That is looking darn nice Marshall! I think you hit the color dead on, I'll have to find some so if I get the bits and pieces I need to build my old Pete 386 or if I have a case of stupidity and build my Classic XL like my old Classic from my first Werner go round in 1999! :lol:

You should do that one next. Cheers.

Ben.

I just bought the Revell snap Pete. I'm seriously thinking about it. I just need to find someone who makes the correct sleeper in resin(too expensive to buy a Italeri 377 just for the sleeper), and find the roof cap. The hood wouldn't be too hard to modify(famous last words...). I'll let you know whats up.

It would be somewhat easy to build the first truck I ever drove for Werner. It was a '99 379 Peterbilt. I miss driving those...

Yeah, they tried to give me one when I worked there back then too, but in 99 the cab on the Pete was much smaller than the Ultra Cab version they make now and that my 386 had. My trucker belly wouldn't fit behind the wheel back then!! :lol:

I just bought the Revell snap Pete. I'm seriously thinking about it. I just need to find someone who makes the correct sleeper in resin(too expensive to buy a Italeri 377 just for the sleeper), and find the roof cap. The hood wouldn't be too hard to modify(famous last words...). I'll let you know whats up.

I'm not sure about the roof (I know they make the new ultra cab roof, but not sure about the older one), but P&P Resin makes the sleeper and the hood for the 379. Of course, the 377 would also give you a correct cab, you'd just need the hood and move the SBA forward, and of course the Cat.

Allrighty! I'm back!

My apologies to anyone who has been waiting for an update to happen. I had to deal with a bout of pneumonia, and I want to thank the people who wished me well in the "What irked me today" post. Thank you guys!!!

I will have an update tomorrow on the engine. I just need to add the next set of parts to it.

Allrighty! I'm back!

My apologies to anyone who has been waiting for an update to happen. I had to deal with a bout of pneumonia, and I want to thank the people who wished me well in the "What irked me today" post. Thank you guys!!!

I will have an update tomorrow on the engine. I just need to add the next set of parts to it.

Glad to hear you're ok.

Ben