Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished my Revell Chopper!

Matt T.

This is the Crusader kit with Aces Wild pipes, oil bag and foot pegs. I bobbed the rear fender, channeled the tank down a little and added seat risers to the frame. The springer frontend and handlebars are from an Imex Harley Bad Boy. Headlight is off a Revell 1/25 '32 Highboy. The primary drive covers are the air cleaner from the 1/25 Ed Roth pickup (rear) and an AMT 1/25 '53 Ford pickup hubcap mounted in reverse (front). Pinstriping on the tank is a Fred Cady decal.

I had a lot of fun building this kit, and I've purchased several 1/12 motorcycle kits. My next 1/12 bike build will probably be a more "traditional" bobber made from an Imex FLH or hardtail. Thanks for looking!

DSC03535-vi.jpg

DSC03537-vi.jpg

DSC03542-vi.jpg

More pics here: http://fivets.fotki.com/my-model-motorcycl...ell_112_bobber/

Thanks all!

Dave - I should have mentioned that your vast "Tamiya Spoon Painting Tests" are what gave me the idea to do the Met. Red over Lt. Gunmetal. So, thanks for that!

khart - the carb & stack are from the AMT '25 T-Rod kit. I sanded some detail off the carb edges and installed it.

Lyle - my next hardtail will have springs. I did seem to recall seeing a 1:1 with a seat mount like this, and Papafo's post confirms it. So, while uncomfortable, at least it's not unrealistic. 8)

Papafo - what forks can we be expecting in resin? Sounds good!