Model Cars Magazine Forum

October Silent Traffic meeting pics

Hey Dan, I am honored that you like the '56 Ford well enough to photo.

I have have also been going up to the Silent Traffic Model Club for the last 3 months. Sorry I did not get a chance to speak to you at the last meeting.

I drive 70 miles one way to go to this meeting and it is well worth it. There is a really good group of talented builder there. It is a trip well worth making if you are near.

Here are a couple of links to some photos and info on the club.

My son is driving over from Cleveland next month to go up to the meeting with us. Hope to see some of the other forum members there.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/purvissp1/images/Trappe.htm

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/purvissp1/im.../Trappe0906.htm

Thanks for taking this picture Dan. Getting this car finished, only #2 for the year was a big motivation for me to get to this month's Silent Traffic meeting. Not to mention I missed the last two opportunities to hang out with my East Coast modeling pals, the Super Sept. Showdown, (made possible through the hard work of Mr. Peterson and his fellow CPMCC members) and the NNL of which a sizable delegation from PACM attended.

For anyone interested in details of this car, it is the Yenko Camaro with additional detail decals from the Revell Convertible RS/SS kit such as the battery decal and the Valve cover decal. The redline tires are from Americam Satco and the wheels are from Replica & Miniatures of Maryland. They are a one piece wheel the I first painted Hugger Orange, and then painted the hubcap Testor's Silver and blew on to really bring up the shine. This is a trick I learned from Drew Heirwater in his Benchracer column years ago. The final touch are photoetch emblems from the Model Car Garage.

The Bowtie Maniacs out there will probably notice that the engine block and heads are aluminum color and not Chevy Engine red, thus letting you know that this car replicates one of the 69 ZL-1 Camaros made; the ZL-1 option was perhaps the wildest engine ever to end up in a Chevy car and it did not come cheap. A last informational note about this car is the fact that the paint is Tamiya Rattle Can clear over Testor's Rattle Can Hugger Orange Laquer. For those looking to build a "Carousel Red" 69 GTO Judge, don't let the different names fool you, they are the exact same color code.

A historical note about this model: I built one almost identical to this car in 2004 for my brother. It was so cool that I decided that I wanted to build one for myself as well. It took almost two years to finish the clone, but here it is.

Dan and Steve, sorry I did not get more of a chance to speak with you but I'm sure both of you are aware how quickly the hours of those Silent Traffic meetings slip by. Steve, I think I did get a chance to speak with you a couple of meetings ago correct? You were the guy who brought a large number of well done factory stock cars, right? Well, here's hoping I get a chance to see and speak to the both of you at November's Silent Traffic meeting.