Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Historic 359 Peterbilt

Hi all I decided to step up one notch on my models. I was surprised to see that Wal-mart stores started carrying the models once again so now I can send my wife to the store and to pick one or two models, so far this is the only semi model that they have. so I may end up doing what most of people are doing from the styrene types of models. So I'm trying to do something different with the adhesion promoter instead waiting 2-3 minutes I waited 3-5 minutes between each coat then do the ab the model.

post-11661-0-79746300-1366937298_thumb.j

post-11661-0-02345900-1366937313_thumb.j

post-11661-0-12202400-1366937323_thumb.j

post-11661-0-50382100-1366937339_thumb.j

post-11661-0-08109600-1366937356_thumb.j

post-11661-0-04952100-1366937378_thumb.j

post-11661-0-63140000-1366937393_thumb.j

only 1 of my 2 local Walmarts sell models.. and the one that does had this model for $19.97.. so it seems it's up to the local store general manager if they sell them or not.

I have 2 local Walmarts as well, I'll have to check them out. The price seems reasonable. The only other store that sells kit here is Hobby Lobby and their truck kits are $30-$40.

Walmarts around here don't sell them anymore....Everytime you go the kits are all opened up, so they can't sell them.....And don't get me started on what people do with spray paint.....I like Hobby Lobby, though....They price their kits that way, because they know you're gonna burn that 40% off coupon and get it for $20, anyway :) ...They raised the price of the Pete and the KW to $24.99, so with the coupon, it's $14.99 plus tax....I'm ok with that..... :D But, it's good you found something out of there....Now, what are you doing with the paint, again???

Edited by kilrathy10

Well when I had gone in the store once before asking about the models I was told that they wasn't carrying them and this was I guess about a year and half ago so I went in to get some of the tester's model paints and boom the models was on the shelves just below the paints. Well for the paints for now I bought a set of tester since I was having problems with the water based paints like wicked and the trident paints. So when I had asked for some info on how to be able to use the paints that I already have someone told me to use the adhesion promoter so I had my wife to pick up a can and now I found out that was a waste on my money and someone told me to get some of those $.97 bottle of paint in the auto department so I'm only to try that route.

The price for this truck was $19.94 most of the # 2 are marked at $19.97 but there was a skill level 1 that was $14.97. When I was looking online into wal-marts and I'd type in the search for models and it brought up a fairly good amount of models and you can do the same with Kmart online as well I hope this little update helps you all out.

Edited by Blackwolf