Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Nostalgic Racer Tuning Parts

jbwelda

I don't know if anyone else noticed this on Amazon, but this parts pack which includes two complete Japanese Engines as well as some seats and belt hardware and some other bits, is available from an outfit called Japan Subculture for under 15$ including postage. very good deal, almost unbelievable, I thought maybe the motors were not included but indeed they are.

heres some pics of whats included:

box and instrux:

KBoMPv.jpg

O0vE03.jpg

kool decals:

VO2NAg.jpg

two complete engine stands:

WYOQNE.jpg

engines:

fNjEym.jpg

if you look closely you can see the source of the sprues is the Fairlady 240Z car

mtMP3G.jpg

chrome for engine dress up:

cNt0pp.jpg

and interior racing parts and details:

tN8NzF.jpg

get some resin turbos and those motors will look great!

I don't really know how much other model stuff this company carries but with prices like this its worth looking into. I still can't believe the price, it had to cost nearly that much just to ship from Japan in a nice new (big too) box. ought to jump on these before someone figures out they are losing money on them!

jb

I love this set, I'm known to hoard them as I find them.

I used the S20 engine in a Datsun hot rod, based on a BMW 3/15. This was a car based on the Austin 7, and I built the car based on the urban legend of the first Datsun being an illegally copied Austin. This model also uses the steering wheel and a few decals from the parts pack.

2-vi.jpg

• 3 months later...

My wife got me one of these for Christmas. I'm pretty impressed, but I think the carbs on the S20 leave a bit to be desired. I will try to find some Weber carbs for both engines.

Does anyone know if this set is supposed to come with material for making the seat belts? Any suggestions on what is a good material to make the belts from?

Does anyone know if this set is supposed to come with material for making the seat belts? Any suggestions on what is a good material to make the belts from?

No seat belt material included, but seat belt templates are printed on the instruction.

I used Tamiya masking tape for seat belt back then. Now I generally use pre-cut after market materials from Tuner Model Manufactory.

No seat belt material included, but seat belt templates are printed on the instruction.I used Tamiya masking tape for seat belt back then. Now I generally use pre-cut after market materials from Tuner Model Manufactory.

yes I was going to say Tamiya masking tape too, its thin enough and has a decent texture to it. I typically really lazy out and just "paint" it with a black sharpie and call it good.

jb

Thanks!

My only complaint about this pack is the scale of the seats. They look too small and goofy in a 1:24/1:25 car, especially compared to the box stock seats found in the Nostalgic series car kits.

More detail on the carbs would be nice, but I haven't seen an OEM kit yet that makes detailed side drafts, so I can live with this.

My only complaint about this pack is the scale of the seats. They look too small and goofy in a 1:24/1:25 car, especially compared to the box stock seats found in the Nostalgic series car kits.

More detail on the carbs would be nice, but I haven't seen an OEM kit yet that makes detailed side drafts, so I can live with this.

Agreed, I tried using the seats in a hotrod build I'm working on but they just looked to small. Could possibly have worked if I put them in a even smaller tub of some sorts. Compared them to the seats from a Nissan Skyline GT-R KPGC110 (the kit that one of the engines comes from) and the Skyline seats are huge. If one wanted to mount the seats in to the Skyline interior they would look very small indeed.

The Tamiya Lamborghini Countach LP500s has some pretty good side draft Webers. You'll have to cut them out of the valve cover/intake top part of the motor, and make aircleaners or velocity stacks for them. Each kit will give you 6 carbs at least. I had two glue bombs from when I was kid and this kit was cheap.

102_1942.jpg

>I haven't seen an OEM kit yet that makes detailed side drafts

check into the Accurate Miniatures/Revell Corvette Grand Sport kits. very nice ones in there. also the gunze lotus elan with engine, kind of hard to find and expensive though.

jb