Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt COE Unilite W.I.P.

What's goin' on...

Chris.

Give me a second to pull my foot out of my mouth. Reason being I'd mentioned that the W900 I'm working on is my first two tone paint job. Well I FORGOT ABOUT THIS... Seriously I just remembered that this picture was in my EPSON album.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...&p=67795845

This was a project I'd started a few years ago. I think it was the K100 areodyne.The chassis shown got thrown out w/ several other models. At that time I'd just broke up w/ my girlfriend and everything pissed me off. The cab however managed to survive . I stripped that and repainted it all orange. I found some YELLOW Freight decals in an HO scale trailer kit and the decal ment for the side of the trailer was a perfect size to fit on the door of the cab. When I soaked them in water they desenagrated after a few seconds being wet and this was put in the spare parts box forgotten until now.

Maybe I'll get some Castrol Super Clean and let this cab w/ other pieces/parts soak for a week or so.

Hi there,

Scott,your model on your epson site is looking very nice,interesting color combo.

And thanks to all for the big compliments...So while we talking about combos.

Yesterday my friend Uwe met with me and he brought his Peterbilt model with him.We made some pictures on an older started and never finished diorama base of mine from both trucks.Mine isn´t completely finished but near by.Here are the pictures

352uni072.jpg

352uni073.jpg

352uni077.jpg

352uni076.jpg

352uni081.jpg

And another shot with the builders of the two trucks.It´s me on the left side and Uwe on the right side into my hobbyroom.

352uni083.jpg

And two other pictures without the dioramabase

352uni068.jpg

352uni067.jpg

Cheers,Chris

What's goin' on...

Chris.

A picture sayes a thousand words!!!!! Those trucks are tough looking. The weathering and detail is perfect. They look like they've had 30,000 miles on them since the last time thru the wash rack!

The detail put into that diorama is worth a slap on the back an a "Attaboy" that turned out good. However..... I think a car or a boat on a trailer parked there would be more proportioned to a landscape such as that.

Those two trucks would look right being fueled at the terminal (trucking company) fuel island. Having each truck on opposite sides. Add pumps, roll around ladder near by, the bucket of windsheild washer solvent w/ the squeegie. Maybe even a paper towel dispenser. That would look good.

Absolutley awesome work on both of them!! The weathering is top notch and ads so much more realism. I think both of you guys really know what your doing and have a good grasp on modeling skills and weathering skills. I find myself going back and taking other looks at your pictures. Everytime I do I find something different in the picture that I hadn't before. It kind of makes me want to try it so bad, but I'm afraid they wouldn't even come close to your skills, then I'd be mad at myself for screwing the paint job up on mine...LOL!! Excellent, excellent work you two!! You guys should be proud of your skills and thank you for sharing!!