Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Models

Trekker4747

when i started this hobby, i was like that at first, sometimes they comented all the bad things of my models, but that made me better, and now "i build what i want like i want, if you dont like it deal with it"

Wow! Brian posts some pictures, Christian systematically tears them apart. Brian responds by tearing Christian to pieces, calling him a jerk among other things. Christian shoots back with another list explaining why Brian is a bigger idiot than he is. Brian yells "Nevermind" (or as my daughter says, "Whatever") and takes his pictures off the forum. You two read the post "I wonder if we do the right things with our praise" and are punking us, right?

P.S. In the upper right hand corner is a box with ABC in it. This is Spellcheck. I wish more people would use it. BTW a lot of us aren't too hot on textspeak. You are not limited to 140 characters here; please write in longhand so we can all enjoy your thoughts.

"Seems this is a place full of old men who're masters of their craft in this hobby."

This is very true. In my opinion, of all the model forums out there this one has the largest body of NNL level builders. These are same guys that are taking the time to do how-to's & tutorials and other posts on improving our work. They are trying to pass on their expertise, to make sure there are still NNL's in 50 years. I think you should feel lucky that someone took the time to fully look at and critique your work. Or would you rather have 50 people who looked at your stuff, found one thing they liked about it, and just commented on it? Or worse yet, applied Thumper's mom's rule and said nothing at all cuz they had nothing nice to say. Of all things that can happen when you post on a forum being ignored is the worst. I see this on so many forums, where a beginner posts up his stuff and - no - one - says - a - thing. Talk about a confidence crusher. Could the critique have been worded better? Perhaps. But often lessons in life learned harshly are ones we remember. Put your injured pride on the shelf, re-read the critique and learn from it. That's the only way we improve in our work.

Edited by Jantrix

They are trying to pass on their expertise, to make sure there are still NNL's in 50 years. I think you should feel lucky that someone took the time to fully look at and critique your work

There's passing on expertise and critiquing work and then there's saying thnings lile "the car sits so high it looks like its an SUV."

So, tell me, what does that do to help me? What do I learn from that?

Now. If the guy had said something like:

"Well, the car is sitting a bit high. Some early modlers have this problem, to give the car a more realistic stance what you should do is..."