Model Cars Magazine Forum

FERRARI 308 GTB REVELL OF GERMANY

chris coller

Here it is 308 GTB. I picked it up fo around $12 at my local Hobbytown. About the only time I will by from them is if they have kits on blowout. Painted Italian Red and cleared then polished out. I used Turtle wax rubbing compound and Meguair's auto wax. It came out ok. Red and black are the hardest colors for me to polish.

set1607.jpg

set1608.jpg

set1609.jpg

The funny thing is, I don't have a bench. My work space is in my living room on the floor in front of the television. People ask me how I can watch TV and work on my models. Call it creative caos. I do my best work watching hockey. I don't know how to explian it, if everthing was quiet I would shake like crazy and wouldn't be able to concentrate. By the way I gotta replace my living room carpet. Good thing I am capable of doing that and don't have to pay the labor as I have a flooring back round! Thanks guys for the words.

Edited by chris coller

The funny thing is, I don't have a bench. My work space is in my living room on the floor in front of the television. People ask me how I can watch TV and work on my models. Call it creative caos. I do my best work watching hockey. I don't know how to explian it, if everthing was quiet I would shake like crazy and wouldn't be able to concentrate. By the way I gotta replace my living room carpet. Good thing I am capable of doing that and don't have to pay the labor as I have a flooring back round! Thanks guys for the words.

:D Ok Chris, then beautiful work from the floor!!

Please tell me it's not 70's shag you're working on. My parents had a nasty green and yellow and red orange shag in the house when I was growing up. EGAADS!

Please do not let the floor interfere with your building!

Again, great stuff from your floor.

Chris

I have an Enzo to do. I would like the SMS superdetail set but everytime I come across one the financial thing comes into play. I was checking out Zero piants on www.hiroboy.com to see what other FERRARI colors are available. Just not sure what color. Any suggestions? By the the Enzo probably won't be started anytime soon as I got about 7 or 8 projects to do before that comes to turn. Thanks again for the kind words.

Nice work :lol: . This is one of my favorite kits; one of Monogram's old curbside sports car classics...very few parts, but just enough to look great when finished (like a lot of very expensive resin kits).

Yes, you should do one in "non red" :D

I built my first one in metallic blue. I have the race version being done as a custom (I've molded in the flares) and it will be yellow. I also got a bargain on a Revell AG reissue (thankfully molded in white), and it will eventually be painted white. The 308 is my favorite V8 Ferrari design.

I've got one of those, built, that looks JUST like yours! I built it probably 20 years ago or so, when the kit first came out. I think mine has a California plate, though. I liked the model so much that I picked up at least ten more of them over the years, all stashed and unbuilt. Yours looks fantastic!

It is a curbside. If I can get some interior shots I'll post em. The emphasis is mainly on the body so the interior is rather simple as far as the detail painting goes. I had a paint issue and this build sat a while till I decided to get motivated to finish it off. So I am glad you guys enjoy this build. Thanks again!

Chris, I'm not sure of your location, but if you're buying paints from Hiroboy I was wondering if you had tried Jameston @ Scalefinishes? He offers a huge selection of Ferrari paint as well and is located here in the states.

Just thought I would mention it. You'd save a lot on shipping.

Chris

I'm on the east coast. I was on Hiroboy due to the fact it was a recomendation by a fellow builder. I have absolutely no complaints. To be quite honest I have recieved better service from them than some of the aftermarket places here in the states. I will have to try Scale Finishes. There seams to be a few folks on here that use there products with great results. I will be honest though, most of my bodys are sprayed with rattle cans. Who says you cant get a good consistant finish with a can? Just limited to colors. Thanks for the tip!