Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT M&H Racemaster Dragster Slicks & Parts Pack Tires

Gregg

i think i just paid 9.99 at tower hobbies for the #2 set.

i started looking at the back of the package and it mentions various parts packs they intend on bringing out, including decals sets "& more" along with tires, bodies, custom accessories, wheels, motors...

motors?

how about a nice Buick nailhead with some few building options and maybe including something like hilborn fuel injection with aluminum preformed intake tubes. that would be sweet and there arent many depictions of this very iconic motor out there. didnt amt have a decent one in the Electra that was recently reissued? maybe that one has a hole in the oil pan, but if so that would be a nice upgrade to offer it without the hole.

oh and the bonneville style go kart and the triumph motorcycle from the early sixties pickups would make a sweet parts pack, but thats probably crazy thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

i got a set of the new slicks not happy they are not as wide as i though they would be. like the prostreet nova tires they are just right size now that is what size all slicks should be in all kits???????????????????????????????????? ok the 500 is on

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just ordered two sets of the slicks $9.90 each and two of the regular whitewalls $12.90 each from modelroundup.

The only whitewall slicks I ever had as a kid in the 80's came with the Li'l Coffin kit and I always wanted more. Now that I'll have them the slicks will be going on my deuce rat rods I'm working on. The only problem will be finding wheelbacks for them.

Just in case anyone else felt this way, the idea of "parts packs" seemed so exciting when I was a kid! Man did I ever want those things!

• 1 month later...

PP5 will be the wheels and tires from the forthcoming 40 Willys re-issue, which will be newly-tooled front wheels very similar to the fronts in the Ohio George 33 Willys but with a 5-lug bolt pattern, and the newly-tooled rear 5 "window" mags from the recent reissue of same. I think it might wind up with the Goodyear slicks, but don't quote me on that.

Pretty sure PP6 will involve Goodyears of some sort, probably 4 each of the 2 sizes of Polyglas GT's. Don't quote me on that, either...

The ones they had on display at GSL were not 5 lug. They were exact copies of the wheels in the latest Ohio George issue. Yes the Polyglass tires were 2 sizes.

Paul

Just a mock-up using Ohio George parts I'm sure. I've seen the digital renderings of the new parts and spoken with Round 2 about it. They will be 5-lug. You'll see them first in the 40 Willys when it comes out around August.

Edited by Brett Barrow

• 1 month later...

My first thought was "OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh lookatthat!!!" Then, I saw the price. For a few bucks more, I'm sure I can find a kit with similar rolling stock and some other stuff for the parts bin.

This is EXACTLY correct..... Hobby Lobby, Michaels ....even Hobby Town on occasion will have kits in the $17-$18 range.....much less with a coupon and for the same money you could get rolling stock AND an engine.....and I always seem to need suspension parts so......this is a nice set but the price is WAAAAAY off the mark......