Model Cars Magazine Forum

Satin, semi gloss black?

I know it's been covered before, and I have not found it. I did a Search for it with a lot of different results. I usually use krylon BBQ black for my semi gloss. It did really well until they stopped carrying it. I switched to krylons semigloss black. I use it one time with excellent results. I use it again and it comes out watery after a good shaking. Are there any other cheap semi gloss black paints that I could use?

I like using Krylon, I've had good luck with that brand of paint. I like that its not too thick and gives excellent coverage. I've never had a problem with it being too thin. Really for the price (I buy mine at Wallyworld) it is one of the cheapest and best spray paints out there.

I'm pretty picky about the semi-gloss blacks and so far I've been happiest with the Rustoleum Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x - but I decant it. Out of the can it's to much too soon. Has like a fire hose nozzle and obliterates instantly. ;) Out of the airbrush it's very good and has a nice semi-gloss. I mix it with lacquer thinner - that may help. YMMV

Daf

Edited by Daf57