Model Cars Magazine Forum

Please Resin Casters, Heed Our Cries For Modern F.e.d. Kits!!

chris coffey

ok, i know i am not the only drag race model builder who yearns for one, just one, resin caster to create some resin offerings of the current VRA front engine fuelers that are currently running. I have been trying to replicate one as we speak, but it is very weak at best. I actually crew with Brendan Murry's "running wild" fueler when he makes the Northwest swing, and could probably get in touch with him pertaining ANY pictures or dimemsions of his car. His car is a Sterling chassis. He could possibly hook me up with info for me to get in touch with most the other VRA TF/FED guys if this is a possibility. Please, HEED OUR CRIES!!! or just tell me to beat it.. just kidding.. chris coffey

It's not just up to the resin casters, I'm sure if someone makes a master they can find a caster out there who would be happy to make a mold of it. I'm sure the compensation varies widely based on the caster, builder of the master and the value of the part.

The nice thing with resin is you are almost always dealing with other modelers, often a single individual rather than a large company. Since its just one modeler talking with another the odds of finding one with a passion for a certain segment of the hobby is pretty good.

holy cow Aaron!!! i totally forgot about the master!!!! duh!! I bet if i got some detailed pictures of Brendan's car, and if i can find someone who is really good at scratchbuilding, beings i supplied them with what they may need, we could do up a master, and find a resin caster that could make this thing happen!!! As far as the "young american" FED, i think, if my mind doesn't fail me, it was otherwise Altered States, or Fremont Specialties that did the chassis. However, i think they are both out of buisness. thanks so much for the info!! chris coffey