Model Cars Magazine Forum

Triumph GT6 hot rod is done !

cobraman

If you are familure with this kit you know it is a multi piece body. I decided to try one again after many years. Still don't care for them. I did the best I could and think it turned out OK. Not totally happy with it but I never am. Instead of the 4 banger I installed a Ford 289 from the AMT Cobra kit. The fact that this engine seems a little undersize helped to make it fit in this car. I added a hood scoop from the Cobra kit as well as the headers and modified the exhaust to fit. I opened the rear wheel wells a bit to make room for tht larger tires. I also made a rear spoiler from a piece of sheet plastic. The body was painted Metallic Black and then Ultra High Gloss enamel clear. Comments both good and bad are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

finalgt6and2ndcobra002_zps93cd992c.jpg

finalgt6and2ndcobra003_zpsbe958a1c.jpg

finalgt6and2ndcobra004_zps8634f0fe.jpg

finalgt6and2ndcobra005_zps11fed190.jpg

finalgt6and2ndcobra006_zpsa631453d.jpg

Yeah the windshield is pretty odd. That is a highly visible mistake that kit Manufacturer should have corrected, I think. But you did fantastic job with this kit, the paint and detail is impressive. Stance is just perfect also and I like that wheel/Tire combo. Great work as always Ray.

I think you did a great job of it . I bought one a couple of years back. I've yet to build it though . I've built several "Multi-Piece kits and I dare say this will become much more than taking my time and sizing parts together , one at a time .