Model Cars Magazine Forum

Youthfullness

I'm going back to the original subject a little- Yes, I'm 15 years old currently. About a month time, I will be 16. Well I mostly build in the Drag section, right now in the CBP section too, if someone is wondering if there is nothing at my bench. That will not happen! :lol:

I substitute-teach junior/senior high school- so I'm around your kind all the time. Sometimes, it's as terrifying for me as it as it for them. :huh::blink:

As Drew and Danny suggested- do mind your spelling and punctuation. Yes, it matters.

As Lee also suggested- don't beat yourself up too bad over it, either.

If you find yourself in the greater Boston area on a second Saturday or third Wednesday of the month, please feel free to come to a MassCar meeting. We'd be happy to have you. We meet at 150 Rustcraft Rd., Dedham. If you'd like, send me a private message with your e-Mail and I'll add you to our e-Mail list to keep you advised of activities and our quarterly newsletter.

Charlie Larkin

Well, the first respondant in this thread made it about one word. He didn't even welcome Nick, just right off the bat had to attack a minor spelling error, and therefore has made the thread about that. In fact, very few who responded have even welcomed Nick to the forum. Sad.

Well, the first respondant in this thread made it about one word. He didn't even welcome Nick, just right off the bat had to attack a minor spelling error, and therefore has made the thread about that. In fact, very few who responded have even welcomed Nick to the forum. Sad.

it seems that young nick has been a member here for over a year now,

Welcome Nick. Enjoy the forum, there is plenty of great modeling information here. Don't let the spelling Nazi's get to you, is important, but not the only thing to life.

There was just a post here about another forum that attacked a young member for his spelling. They are now shutting down their site. I thought that this forum was better than that, but apparently some here are not. The manners of some people have been lost over time.

I'm 15 and have been on this forum since i was 13

And guys, if Cole is any example, the future of this hobby is in GREAT hands! Seriously, most all of us here have been around model cars since we were at least teenagers (and some of us still are teenagers at heart, have been so since Methuselah--and haven't completely forgotten our manners, or lack thereof!).

It's always refreshing to read posts on these boards, then see the Avatars, see the models that people young enough to be my grandkids (if I had any)--refreshing!

Art

I sure wish more kids built models and enjoyed the hobby. Kids around here keep us all young. Let's not chase this nice kid away by jumping all over him for grammatical errors. Ya'll sound like a bunch of old farts LOL (and I resemble that remark haha)

Build and have fun Nick. We're glad to have you here.

Spelling and grammar do matter in life...a lot. But not so much on a model car forum :-)