Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Lexus LFA Kit

Gregg

I asked the local LHS about ordering one, they said probably about $65.00. Buddy of mine has one, I have not seen it yet but I trust his opinion of sweeeeet! Has magnets to hold hood in place. Spoiler can be displayed closed or deployed. e got his from Hobby Search, $50+ but crazy shipping cost. ^ days from Tokyo to NC. Amazing considering whats going on there.

Does this come with left hand drive?

No :rolleyes:

It's not like just a second instrument panel will work, there are other parts that would need to be changed as well (I don't have my kit with me at the moment).

I saw the first LFA that was delivered in the US the morning after he brought it home. LFA #003, the guy ordered it in 2005. If the model were a US version I'd build it like the local one...but it is "only" silver (like 80% of all Lexus?), but still looks pretty wild. Black/red interior. I took tons of detail shots of it, too big a crowd around it to get overall shots.

I'm happy to have the model, but I'd be buying multiples if it were a Ferrari 599 GTO or Lamborghini Aventador. Just sayin'....:(:D

I got kind of a lame troll though. I mean if I had your last name I could see somebody, human or troll, having a tough time with the spelling. But my troll couldn't even spell "Taylor" correctly twice in a row. He got it once, then got thrown off the horse the second time he tried it. That's just poor troll quality control, if you ask me. I expected more, frankly.

I mean, if I was going to get my very own troll you'd hope it could at least learn to spell my name right...dare to dream, right?

Oooh. Yeesh.

That is lame.

Eh, well. Somebody out there has an "A"-game, I'm sure...

WOW! This looks like one awesome kit. Pricey, but look what you're getting - full engine detail, full drivetrain, photoetch, window masks. Would love to see one built up!

I bet most of you (especially Bob Downie) can tone down those chrome wheels.

TamiyaLFA.jpg

Another shot here:

http://www.toycollector.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=nuremberg-2011-tamiyas-new-1-24-lexus-lfa-kithtml&Itemid=87734

You can find a few more if you search in Google images.

Edited by sjordan2

AND IT HAS AN ENGINE!!!!

May sound weird coming from a hot rod fanatic like me, but I really dig this car. Must pick up a couple of these... one to build, and one to pirate the engine for another project... :huh:

That's one 'spensive engine there, Chuck ;)

That said, it's nice. Though I might be tempted to do a bit of self-casting to save a few $$ and make more than one ;):huh:

That's one 'spensive engine there, Chuck ;)

That said, it's nice. Though I might be tempted to do a bit of self-casting to save a few $$ and make more than one ;):huh:

I like where you're going with that second part... ;)

As for the first? That's the beauty of modeling. You can build a car that you could never,ever afford in real life and/or one that would easily get you killed (either by design or by angered fans of whatever car you 'ruined') in 1:1. :huh:

AND IT HAS AN ENGINE!!!!

May sound weird coming from a hot rod fanatic like me, but I really dig this car. Must pick up a couple of these... one to build, and one to pirate the engine for another project... :)

Cool...so it has a full engine? Tamiya lately has been doing only the upper half of the the engines on some kits...