Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Revell-Monogram fall releases

Does anyone know if the McEwen rail is a re-issue of the mid-'70s Monogram releases of the Snake/Mongoose R.E. dragsters?

The fact that it's listed as being 1/24th scale and has those Super trick-style front wheels makes me think it might be.

I don't recall those ever being reissued and they were pretty cool kits that came with extras like driver/starter(covering his ears!)figures and a Christmas tree!

So did the 2010 Camaro get pushed back? I thought it was due out around the same time as the Shelby.

As stated earlier this flyer is newly announced future products which will be released this fall through New Years, it doesn't include any of the late 2010/2011 releases announced last fall or at iHobbby. The Shelby mentioned in this flyer is a 1:25 kit version of the 2010 Mustang that is finally hitting the shelves this month, not the previously announced 1:12 kit.

At GSL last week.I talked with Revell rep.he said that the 1/12th Mustang was to be released in the fall at a model show about that time....fall.it looked great to me,the test run I saw.I took pictures of that and the three other 1/25th scale kits they had there.I saw the box art for the 1/12 mustang and talked with Scale Motor Sports about the detail sets that are coming for the 1/12 mustang.I can't wait for that.I've never built or had a OC kit and I want to build that one.the wrecker truck is cool as well,and will be get some of them and a few others as well.Thank ya,Chris

I gotta have at least a couple of the wreckers. One for me and one for my son. Probably a couple of beetles too. Still undecided about the Orange Crate,but may get one just to have it. I missed out on it the last time it was reissued.

Ooooh, that would be GREAT if it was! IIRC, those kits also had vinyl fuel lines and plug wires and were VERY nicely detailed. And you're right, they've never been reissued, and had pretty much become made of "unobtanium."

Glancing at the brochure, it just assumed it was the Jeb Allen/Tony Nancy kit with different decals. Nice catch!

It might also be the first of a few Mongoose/Snake kits we'll see in the coming years, perhaps depending upon if/when the Mongoose/Snake movie is released. I'm sure people would not be disappointed if the Snake/Mongoose Duster/Cuda F/C combo kit was reissued again, either.

At GSL last week.I talked with Revell rep.he said that the 1/12th Mustang was to be released in the fall at a model show about that time....fall.it looked great to me,the test run I saw.I took pictures of that and the three other 1/25th scale kits they had there.I saw the box art for the 1/12 mustang and talked with Scale Motor Sports about the detail sets that are coming for the 1/12 mustang.I can't wait for that.I've never built or had a OC kit and I want to build that one.the wrecker truck is cool as well,and will be get some of them and a few others as well.Thank ya,Chris

Did you post these pics somewhere?? :) Great to hear this kit is still on schedule and we will be seeing it in a few months.

Please please PLEASE let it be this one!!!

CCI012520085_00000-vi.jpg

It looks like it'll be that same kit, only with '76 English Leather-as-the-main-sponsor decals. I would buy that kit for the Christmas Tree and Buster Couch(?) figure alone. :lol:

It looks like it'll be that same kit, only with '76 English Leather-as-the-main-sponsor decals. I would buy that kit for the Christmas Tree and Buster Couch(?) figure alone. :)

That would be awesome! I had both of them when they were first released.

Unfortunately, I never got them built before the end of my first go-round with model building.

I sold them as part of a small collection of unbuilt kits in the early '80s, thinking I was done with models.

I still don't like to think about what I got for them.

Was Buster blonde???

The pic of the '59 Inpala looked like it has some 50's/60's era custom parts on it (wheels, front bumper, sideskirts grill and etc.)... Are these parts new or have they been in an rare previous issue (Diecast amigo pack or LOWRIDER) we don't know about?

The pic of the '59 Inpala looked like it has some 50's/60's era custom parts on it (wheels, front bumper, sideskirts grill and etc.)... Are these parts new or have they been in an rare previous issue (Diecast amigo pack or LOWRIDER) we don't know about?

Some or all of the parts were in a previous issue of the HT...was a 2n1, stock and period custom..

The early '90's first release of the '59 Impala convertible kit had all of those parts that will be in the reissue. I built one back then, but I couldn't stand the Connie kit, so I built mine with the regular rear bumper.

Whoops! I stand corrected!

I went to take a look at the kit as I have a couple in the stash (both original issues) and you're right, it's not a 2 'n' 1!

Although it's just as well as I'm not a custom kinda guy-------and I have those kits to perhaps take one of 'em and turn it into a Impala Sport Sedan, with a roof section I got from The Modelhaus. ;)

My favorite thing about that 2-in-1 hardtop was that it FINALLY introduced a new set of stock wide-whites to replace all those terrible Predicta tires in Revell/Monogram's previous releases of that genre.

That new rubber has single-handedly brought a ridiculous improvement across the board to all R/M's '50s reissues following in the custom '59 hardtop's wake...

Upon closer inspection, that Trans Am is probably going to be a reissue of this kit....

Revell234378Firebird-vi.jpg

I'm working on it right now and the body is a dead ringer for that kit. Don't know if they are going to retool anything, but it's a sure bet that's it.

Here's a completed model pic someone else did up on this kit as a comparison....

RevellFirebird.jpg

Upon closer inspection, that Trans Am is probably going to be a reissue of this kit....

Revell234378Firebird-vi.jpg

I'm going to guess this 1/24 Monogram T/A will replace the 1/24 Monogram '79 Camaro Z/28 3'n'1 kit in Revell's rotation. While not up to modern standards, it still holds its own as far as body accuracy and proportion are concerned. If Revell would provide multiple screaming chicken hood decals in the various color schemes, it would be much appreciated. :lol:

Maybe they could pull an MPC and put "Trans" and "Am" on opposite ends of the decal sheet?

Wait - I think I got it! They oughtta do their own fictional edition, with decals in the proper font:

The Pontiac Firebird sTar mAn. Let your scissors do the rest.

Slick, huh?

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Maybe they could pull an MPC and put "Trans" and "Am" on opposite ends of the decal sheet?

I wish they would be that smart! I wouldn't have had to buy an old "Warbird" issue JUST for the Trans Am decals! The kits might be junk, in my opinion, but at least MPC was smart to get around the license issue and still offer correct decals!

Another C5R for the colletion, :( please have the "united we stand" decals on the sheet.

2001 Petit Lemans ("United we stand", NYPD, FDNY, stars and stripes) and 2003 50th Anniversary (with burgundy accents) please, please. Nonetheless, the 2003 Compuware Lemans markings will be most welcome.

There were actually two figures in the original kits ... the track official and a driver.

Hopefully then they include both figures and the tree. I will buy the kit for for those.

---

Revell should release individual figures or maybe a bunch of them in a set. That would have been a better idea than the engines they released a few years back.

If they re-issue that Mongoose RE dragster I will have officially gone to heaven.

I'll print up my own decals for the Snake. I know that Snake is not with it when it comes to licensing his likeness.

I have not built one of these since..... Well, when they first came out actually.

I compared the pix [Lotta good that sometimes does], but the front spoiler and scale are what are making me hopeful for this one. I looked at all the other RE Revell stuff and that exact front spoiler is not on any of them.

Let's hope

Bob