Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 releases

stevez

so is this willys a new tooling or is it like stone wood cook or what?

looks very familiar...

Looks to me like a pretty much straight repop of the SWC/Mazmanian kits with different wheels and tires, though that might be a pic of the actual car on the box.

What's up with the motorcycle mirror tacked onto the door? :blink:

If it is a modified reissue of the SWC/Maxmanian kits (which it likely will be, I'd assume), I'll still buy quite a few of them. Love this kit!

Looks to me like a pretty much straight repop of the SWC/Mazmanian kits with different wheels and tires, though that might be a pic of the actual car on the box.

What's up with the motorcycle mirror tacked onto the door? :blink:

If it is a modified reissue of the SWC/Maxmanian kits (which it likely will be, I'd assume), I'll still buy quite a few of them. Love this kit!

If you recollect the IHOBBY report out, this is new tool SWC Willys with new decals. This was covered in some detail in the Revell IHOBBY report out and followup.

thanks for the link but as always, nothing is easy...heres the only real mention of the willys being or not being a reissue i could find in that thread:

>K.S. Pittman Willys Drag Coupe - 1/25 – Modified reissue of Revell’s very nice Willys. The wheels on the box art look

>different but I was unable to get a confirmation

modified reissue. what that typically means to me is its a reissue with some little changes like a new decal sheet or maybe different (but already tooled for something else probably) wheels or something.

so, not to rattle your cage or anything but is there any more definative word somewhere about what exactly this kit is re: revell history?

this is all besides the point that i will want a couple for sure as i dont have any of the previous reissues on the shelf and i always loved that SWC thang though as i recall the doors were a bit fussy (for a 12 year old anyhow)...

thanks though, always appreciated!

Edited by jbwelda

It.... is the same tooling... as Revell's SWC kit, first issued (approx) ten years ago. The tooling is well recieved. Goes together great.

It does go together great as I have started my forth one and I WILL buy more. I do have the K.S. Pittman decals from Slixx already but haven't gotten around to building the car as yet.

thanks for the link but as always, nothing is easy...heres the only real mention of the willys being or not being a reissue i could find in that thread:

>K.S. Pittman Willys Drag Coupe - 1/25 – Modified reissue of Revell’s very nice Willys. The wheels on the box art look

>different but I was unable to get a confirmation

modified reissue. what that typically means to me is its a reissue with some little changes like a new decal sheet or maybe different (but already tooled for something else probably) wheels or something.

so, not to rattle your cage or anything but is there any more definative word somewhere about what exactly this kit is re: revell history?

this is all besides the point that i will want a couple for sure as i dont have any of the previous reissues on the shelf and i always loved that SWC thang though as i recall the doors were a bit fussy (for a 12 year old anyhow)...

thanks though, always appreciated!

http://www.modelcars...by&fromsearch=1

Yes. Confirmed on Saturday goback, along with other questions from Board Members