Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is everyones opinion on the I-Hobby announcements?

GMP440

I would have been happy with just the Ford van re-issue. I can use several, and they have become way to expensive on ebay. All the rest is just a bonus. The GMC with a plow is neat, I'll definately get a few of those and I've been holding off on the 2006 camaro kits since I heard Revell was working on the production version. The '50 Olds doesn't do a lot for me, but like the Hudson I'll probably pick one up just because it is something different.

Moebius announcing they will be doing an IH Prostar missed the I-Hobby show, but makes me very happy. It is a modern truck I actually want (the Lonestar is neat, but fairly limited for my uses) and I hope this means the Lonestar sold well enough to justify following it up and maybe some of the other companies will be willing to test the truck waters now.

There were other kits of interest to me but those were the high points.

I thought kits that Model King had re-issued, could not be re-issued by the Parent company yet?

Does this mean we may be getting the 70 Bonneville, 72 Blazer or even 77/9 F-250 back some time soon?

I too am happy to see that late 70's-early 80's Ford van back out.

I just wish they could find to tooling for all the lost parts in that Early Chevy van.

I want the Bench seats, Side window inserts (too bad the body is now permanently a cargo van)

Rescue, Paddy wagon & even Open Raod Mini-Motor home parts back!

In the Original/early issues you did not have to cut out the sides.

You got 4 inserts, 2 Window sides, And 2 cargo/panel sides.

And Yes, I wish the Open hood was still there too.

I have an unbuilt Penski set Van, Trailer, & Matador Stock car with those side inserts.

Only thing is, It does not have the Van body!

Otherwise, it Is complete.

I will dig it out & take some pic's of those side inserts to post

Maybe with them repairing the Gremlin tooling to Stock, we can eventually get some of the other options on this old Chevy van.

I would LOVE the Open Road Mini-Motor Home parts (roof extension & interior!

In the Original/early issues you did not have to cut out the sides.

You got 4 inserts, 2 Window sides, And 2 cargo/panel sides.

And Yes, I wish the Open hood was still there too.

I have an unbuilt Penski set Van, Trailer, & Matador Stock car with those side inserts.

Only thing is, It does not have the Van body!

Otherwise, it Is complete.

I will dig it out & take some pic's of those side inserts to post

Maybe with them repairing the Gremlin tooling to Stock, we can eventually get some of the other options on this old Chevy van.

I would LOVE the Open Road Mini-Motor Home parts (roof extension & interior!

I've got one of the early fire vans with the choice of panels or windows, the motor home would be pretty cool too though!

Assuming I actually have some money, there are a few things I plan on purchasing. The Olds, Ford, Gremlin and the IMC offerings all have some interest (they've sold a case of Sho-Cases.)

Plus, both Hudsons, and the 300.

I wonder what else might come to the surface for the next few months...?

Charlie Larkin

Second part- now that you mention a '57 Ranchero, I'm a bit suprised they didn't go that route. Seems it's been Revell's business model the last few years to release new tooled kits already covered (or in different body styles, years, or building variants) by older competitor's subjects. Why couldn't they have tried doing an up-to-date version of one of their own (very questionable in this case, quality-wise) golden oldies? Again though, if their new '57 kit does well, I'd love to see a Ranchero spun off that tooling.

Because the sedan has more sales potential than the Ranchero? Plus they can turn it into a Custom 300 or a '58 without too much change to the tooling, and the Ranchero and wagon can also reuse most of the sedan underpinnings.

A new tool 1957 Ford has always been very high on my wish list and I'm glad Revell is doing it. AMT's 1957 Ford is very long in the tooth and I really don't care for its opening doors.