Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 2010 mustang snap kit.

towtruck

Revell's new releases seem to generally arrive at hobby shops that are in the Revell Preferred Retailer program around the 20th-25th of the month and everywhere else two weeks later. Only 1 shop locally I know of that has that, and I usually get new releases I'm interested in from them around the end of the month or wait until the following month and order from my usual online dealers.

Edited by Rob Hall

It's on the Official November Release Schedule. When it gets to your LHS or wherever you purchase your kit from depends on what distributor they order their kits from and/or whether they're part of the Revell Preferred Retailer program...my LHS usually has new Revell kits by the middle of the month.

Edited by niteowl7710

I think I read somewhere it's going to be made w/ a separate hood.

Yes it will, just like their New snapper '69 Camaro thats currently out now. Which obviously shares the body with the glue kits (abit with some minor modifications) that date back to 1990.

The New Ferarri Enzo (1/24th) snapper due to be released in the next year will have the body based from the Revell AG glue kit, abit heavily modified for snap configureation, and having everything else newly tooled.

The snapper '10 stang has a newly tooled snapper chassis and etc. but the body tooling direct from the GT coupe casting, with some obvious modifications being a ragtop and the interior (which should easily interchange with the glue kit).

The snapper '10 stang has a newly tooled snapper chassis and etc. but the body tooling direct from the GT coupe casting, with some obvious modifications being a ragtop and the interior (which should easily interchange with the glue kit).

I wonder if the front and rear fascias will be separate like the glue kit is...that would facilitate building a Shelby convertible pretty easily...

I wonder if the front and rear fascias will be separate like the glue kit is...that would facilitate building a Shelby convertible pretty easily...

They'll prolly be molded in like Revell's '06 Camaro Concept snapper is... though cutting them off shouldn't be too bad if the ingraving lines are deep (not thin like AMT's camaro, GOD!)

Edited by V-spec

I'm also thinking that Possibly the Headlights are different on a 5.0 gt VS the 4.6 GT. Starting to see a lot of pics turning up with 5.0 badging on the side and headlights that are reversed from the 2010 with the turn signals outboard of the light. If this is the Case Revell would have to get this detail right or there'll be a lot of the same fussing heard over the 68s interior and the KRs filter

Yes..that's the big piece needed....I hope Revell tools up an '11-12 GT or Boss 302 eventually

A 2012 Boss 302 is one I'd like to see, too, as the 1/24 and 1/6 Jada R/C cars are pretty typical (read: lacking details) of R/C cars:

Parts001.jpg

Edited by Casey

I'm also thinking that Possibly the Headlights are different on a 5.0 gt VS the 4.6 GT. Starting to see a lot of pics turning up with 5.0 badging on the side and headlights that are reversed from the 2010 with the turn signals outboard of the light. If this is the Case Revell would have to get this detail right or there'll be a lot of the same fussing heard over the 68s interior and the KRs filter

Well, there are two different headlight types available...the ones with the turn signals outboard are the optional bi-xenons, IIRC.

Edited by Rob Hall

I MUST have a few of these when they come out...Nick (my 9 yo son) wants to build one all on his own, want to build one wth him,I want a full detail conversion of both GT and GT500,I also want to do.......yeah,I MUST have some,THANKS Revell! If you're listening,here's another vote for a Coyote 5.0L powered '11-12,Boss 302 varient,V6 car and such. A few '99-04's are missing too,GT,Bullitt and MACH I...please? :D