Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Dodge 330 Hot Rod.

W-409

Thanx, Scott!

Let's try again. Last time my stupid computer decided to shut down while posting this thing. banghead.gif

So I've done a little work with the chassis, I cut the driveshaft tunnel area open, so I can install the tunnel when engine and rear axle are mocked up, and I can see how much it needs clearance. And before I can mock those up, I have to make rear axle wider, so I can test fit it with the body and rear tires, so I know what the ride height will be. Then I have to make that rear axle crossover part for the frame, and after that I can finally mock up rear axle and engine.

Tricky, Huh? :lol:

Also started the work with bondo! Tons of sanding and more bondo left, but here's what it looks right now:

PB220046.jpg

PB220047.jpg

PB220060.jpg

• 3 months later...

I took a break of this build, but now it's back on the bench again. As previously, it's again just a project I work when others are drying, so the progress is not fast, but at least I have done something. I decided to shorten the rear end of the body a little. I think it looks better now. I am thinking of should I narrow the body a little or not.... Maybe I will just leave it how it is now. :huh:

Suggestions welcomed.

DSCN1530_zpsa83f698e.jpg

Thanks Jason! Much appreciated.

Actually I managed to do some more work today. First I cut the Rear axle in to pieces, and the tubes where those Drive Axles (?) go, and drilled hole for the center part of that Axle so new tubes run through it. Sorry this is bit badly said, but that's just because I don't know how to say it in English. Then I started to make the rear frame for it from styrene tubing... Next I'll move on to Four Links.

DSCN1531_zpse338f29b.jpg

DSCN1548_zps26169fee.jpg

DSCN1554_zpsbe085fa6.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys, I was really suprised to see this topic on the top! :blink:

The Dodge has been sitting in a box for a while now. I've been thinking of the chassis parts and how they fit. Maybe it'll be back on the bench soon. ;)