Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet C10 pickup - Mr Bram Kustom Graphics

Awesome truck!

By the way: Jesper bram is the guy who made this KustomKulture film, Flake and Flames, didnt he?

Edit: You wrote you "designed" the PE parts, who etched them? They are pretty clean!

Yes, same guy! If you watch closely you can even spot the F&F DVD at the front seat.

I designed those parts but etching is made by Eduard at Check.

This model was a birthday present for Jesper.

Will you be selling the longbed pieces, or can we buy from Shapeways??? 265.gif

Well... haven't even thought about that. All of those parts for bed aren't 3D prints because I made couple of parts from styrene. Like the floor of the bed. Will you think somebody would like to buy these parts?

Well... haven't even thought about that. All of those parts for bed aren't 3D prints because I made couple of parts from styrene. Like the floor of the bed. Will you think somebody would like to buy these parts?

Yes, I saw that the bed floor was not printed, but that's the easiest part to scratchbuild/modify from another kit (especially since you already did the wheel tubs separately). I think the bedsides/tubs would be a GREAT seller, I would buy two pairs to start ;)

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34956&hl=longbed#entry356402

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34959&hl=poll&fromsearch=1

Yes, I saw that the bed floor was not printed, but that's the easiest part to scratchbuild/modify from another kit (especially since you already did the wheel tubs separately). I think the bedsides/tubs would be a GREAT seller, I would buy two pairs to start ;)

Well, I opened a shop at Shapeways. So, now these long bed parts can be ordered.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eero_kumanto

• 3 weeks later...

Eero, Great build here. The realism is amazing. I love the 3D printed bedsides. I am just now learning to try and utilize the 3D printing aspect of this hobby. I would love to learn more on how you made the file for the long bed sides. Did you scan the short bed parts and stretch? Amazing and I also feel that they would be great sellers. I am working on building a replica of my buddies truck and need a long bed conversion for that. Pleas let me know if you are thinking of producing those or PM me if you would be interested in selling even just another set?

Thank you

post-13056-0-88240100-1389134596_thumb.j

post-13056-0-17193700-1389134597_thumb.j

post-13056-0-49610900-1389134597_thumb.j

Edited by Revstew

Eero, Great build here. The realism is amazing. I love the 3D printed bedsides. I am just now learning to try and utilize the 3D printing aspect of this hobby. I would love to learn more on how you made the file for the long bed sides. Did you scan the short bed parts and stretch? Amazing and I also feel that they would be great sellers. I am working on building a replica of my buddies truck and need a long bed conversion for that. Pleas let me know if you are thinking of producing those or PM me if you would be interested in selling even just another set?

Thank you

Andy, they are already available form his store on the Shapeways site below...

Well, I opened a shop at Shapeways. So, now these long bed parts can be ordered.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eero_kumanto

Andy, they are already available form his store on the Shapeways site below...

Thanks Jeffs396. I was also wondering though how he got them into the 3D printer. If he made them from scratch or if he was able to scan a short bed side and then stretch it in the computer.?

Thanks Jeffs396. I was also wondering though how he got them into the 3D printer. If he made them from scratch or if he was able to scan a short bed side and then stretch it in the computer.?

Hello Revstew!

Yes, those parts can be ordered directly from Shapeways. I chose that "Frosted Ultra Detail" as a material because it's most accurate and needs less sanding & filling. So even this "Ultra Detail" material still isn't 100% perfect. Some filling & sanding is needed.

I 3D-modeled those parts by myself. I just took the most important measurements from those short parts. So no scanning. I'm using Rhinoceros 3D-program.

I Love them, But......................................

I will have to do it the hard way. Stretch the AMT 60 or Revell 64 Cameo

(oops.I mean Fleetside) box.

Fixed one of each to make a Correct Fleetside out of them.

Wish I Could afford them.

They look great!!!