Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Impala in Evening Orchid

Porscheman

I remember that color very well. When I was a little kid, my mom's cousin's son (whatever that makes him to me... second cousin?) had a brand new Impala that was Evening Orchid with a white interior. WOW! That was just about the most beautiful car I had ever seen. All these years later, I still like that color on a mid-'60s Impala, especially with a white interior.

Nice build, Al!

Where'd you get the paint?

If you take a close look at my member photo, you'll see my 1:1 '65 Corvair in Evening Orchid. My family calls her "Jasmine".

I've got the rare AMT kit to build a 1/25 replica, but need the paint. Testor's used to have it in rattle can enamel #28146, but it has since been discontinued.

I also need this color to use on the "Tognoti's T" I've got stashed....

Mike

Beautiful job on the 65 Al. I too love that color. Not sure where you get your paints but I buy a lot of factory colors from automotivetouchup.com. A 2 ounce bottle of unreduced paint sells for $14.95. They can also do any color in an aerosol spray can.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=1965&make=chevrolet&model=all%20models That is the link for 65 Chevrolet Evening Orchid.