Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fall 2013 Kit Announcements

Casey

Revell's 2013 Mid Year Kit Announcements:

http://youtu.be/dV2nFtWuEIQ

Revell's 2013 Mid Year Kit Announcements:

1/24 Tom Daniel's Paddy Wagon- straight reissue, includes 2 pre-painted figures

1/24 Lil Coffin – straight reissue

1/24 ’37 Ford Coupe Street Rod – straight reissue of the "Goodguys" version, with new flame decals

1/25 ’50 Olds Custom – modified reissue, "California Wheels" series

1/25 ’53 Chevy Sedan Delivery – straight reissue, but should be a '54?

1/24 VW Beetle Type 1 – all new Revell-AG tooling

1/25 ’67 Corvette Convertible – covered here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73690

1/12 '69 Camaro Z/28 – modified reissue with Chip Foose designed wheels and

graphics

1/25 ’69 Shelby GT500 Convertible, Revamped Tooling

1/24 Tom Daniel Cop Out Plymouth Duster F/C – straight reissue

1/25 ’57 Ford, Fireball Roberts NASCAR – modified reissue

1/25 '62 Corvette D&M Gasser – modified reissue

1/24 ’78 Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car – straight reissue

1/24 Bob Glidden Motorcraft T-Bird Pro Stock – straight reissue. This is the '89/'90 version, not the '84 version

1/25 Slingster Front Engine Dragster – all new, loosely based on 1/24 Sizzler

Ed Roth's Rat Fink figure with new Diorama and free-standing sign

Dave Deal's Glitter Bug VW Dune Buggy Caricature

1/24 SnapTite VW New Beetle - all new, but oddly, not shown in the video slideshow

• 2 weeks later...

There about a dozen other kits listed on Tower's site as new for fall...some predictable follow up 2nd versions of recent new kits ('50 Olds Custom, '57 Ford stock car (Fireball Roberts), '62 Corvette Gasser), some reissues (Motorcraft T-Bird Pro Stock, '37 Ford street rod, '78 Corvette Indy Pace Car, Rat Fink, '53 Chevy Panel, VW New Beetle, KW Wrecker), one modified reissue I'm interested in ('69 Shelby GT500 convertible) and likely a rebox of the upcoming RoG '60s Beetle.

Here is a Foose '69 Camaro, don't know if this is the one the kit will be 'inspired' by..

http://www.superchevy.com/features/sucp_0708_1969_foose_camaro/viewall.html

Though a google image search on 'Foose 69 Camaro' comes up w/ several different cars...this black one, a red one, an orange one, etc...

Edited by Rob Hall

Argh, those sneaks... Thought the "public" announcements were being done on Friday...

Casey needs to unlock the "Revell fall releases" thread and I'll start spilling the beans :lol:

Kind of hard to keep them all a secret when they post them on a website :lol:

There about a dozen other kits listed on Tower's site as new for fall...some predictable follow up 2nd versions of recent new kits ('50 Olds Custom, '57 Ford stock car (Fireball Roberts), '62 Corvette Gasser), some reissues (Motorcraft T-Bird Pro Stock, '37 Ford street rod, '78 Corvette Indy Pace Car, Rat Fink, '53 Chevy Panel, VW New Beetle, KW Wrecker), one modified reissue I'm interested in ('69 Shelby GT500 convertible) and likely a rebox of the upcoming RoG '60s Beetle.

Yup, the 60's Beetle will be the new-tool RoG. I don't think they're even going to import any in RoG boxes first. The cabriolet will only be in an RoG box, though.

Kind of hard to keep them all a secret when they post them on a website :lol:

Well, when they tell us in the morning and say "shhh - it's confidential", then their own subsidiary starts putting them up that afternoon...

Nothing real big concerning new tooling, looks like that will wait until iHobby.

They are re-creating the Monogram "Sizzler" dragster by reverse-engineering. Same way they re-did the Rommel's Rod. And it'll be 1/25th instead of 24th like the original.

Edited by Brett Barrow

They are re-creating the Monogram "Sizzler" dragster by reverse-engineering. Same way they re-did the Rommel's Rod. And it'll be 1/25th instead of 24th like the original.

And the others?... ^_^

Wow, the Dave Deal Glitter Bug is coming back. That's a bit of a (pleasant) surprise.

Monogram Cop Out, Paddy Wagon, and Lil Coffin, too. Not surprising. :lol:

Seriously? Cop Out? They might as well just make that one a permanent fixture... I didn't even notice that.

I'll snag a Lil Coffin just for the wheels and tires, got several things those would look good on.

The Sizzler is a slingshot-style Dragster very much like the one in the AMT Double Dragster, but it came with an alternate Competion Coupe body in addition to the streamliner and open dragster bodies like the DD has. It's a sedan body, actually, but it's still a Competition Coupe dragster.

Call me crazy, but I'm still holding out hope that one day we get a new-tool Greer-Black-Prudhomme dragster...

The Sizzler is a slingshot-style Dragster very much like the one in the AMT Double Dragster, but it came with an alternate Competion Coupe body in addition to the streamliner and open dragster bodies like the DD has. It's a sedan body, actually, but it's still a Competition Coupe dragster.

On Tower, they list under Monogram a 'Slingster Dragster' for November..is that this Sizzler under discussion?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a mistake to change the scale to 1/25 on this one. I guess we'll wait for more details, but if it's a near-copy of the Sizzler, shrunk down a tad, I think it loses all off the Sizzler's nostalgic appeal.

Now, if it's a "we-sorta-copied-the-Sizzler-but-changed-a-few-things" sorta thing, now done in 1/25 scale, that would make a bit more sense to me. Was the Sizzler's chassis a Fuller-style chassis? I want to say the Revell Mooneyes dragster and the subsequent parts pack "Dragster frame" kit were very similar to what the Sizzler used, ignoring the scale difference.

Sizzler%2B001.jpg

Revell_Fuller.jpg

Any more details on this one, Brett?