Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Fall 2013 Kit Announcements

Casey

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a mistake to change the scale to 1/25 on this one. I guess we'll wait for more details, but if it's a near-copy of the Sizzler, shrunk down a tad, I think it loses all off the Sizzler's nostalgic appeal.

Now, if it's a "we-sorta-copied-the-Sizzler-but-changed-a-few-things" sorta thing, now done in 1/25 scale, that would make a bit more sense to me. Was the Sizzler's chassis a Fuller-style chassis? I want to say the Revell Mooneyes dragster and the subsequent parts pack "Dragster frame" kit were very similar to what the Sizzler used, ignoring the scale difference.

Any more details on this one, Brett?

I have no more details other than what I've said - "a recreation in 25th scale" was how it was relayed to me. I'm hoping that it's more of a true-to-life replica of a period slingshot dragster than a simple nostalgic recreation of the vintage kit. A dragster kit fit for the 21st century would be awesome, and with a little tweaking of the chassis and stuff could yield all kinds of cool period dragsters (like my dream kit of a G-B-P :wub:...) The Sizzler's chassis, IIRC, is more of the Chassis Research style that would predate the Kent Fuller style by a little (not much, though - just a year or two?)

Cause i'm not a fan of anything Foose...

Ditto. The formula for the majority of Foose's "overhauls" is fairly predictable, two-tone the body and put on some big wheels. The guy has talent for sure, but I don't really see him doing much that other builders/designers don't do. Troy Trepanier's shop is 5 miles from me and I've seen a lot more from him that's outside-the-box.

As for the kit, I don't know if it'll be a replica of an actual Foose car or just one that he endorses, but if I had to guess I'd say it'll be the original kit Monogram 1/12 kit with maybe some different wheel & engine parts.

Edited by Mike77

Wonder if the 1/12 Camaro will come with anything other then the Foose stuff. Cause i'm not a fan of anything Foose...

I think the problem is there is the actual Chip Foose guy, who I like for the most part - especially his more traditional stuff - and then there is the Foose "brand" which I hate...

I think if Revell is looking for something to follow up the Stacy David car, then the Foose-designed "Fender Less" 3w would be sweet, despite the "faux-tina'd" paint job I think it's pretty cool...

1208sr-01-z+1932-ford-three-window-coupe

The formula for the majority of Foose's "overhauls" is fairly predictable, two-tone the body and put on some big wheels.

That's why it works so well for model kits. Take an existing kit, add new wheels and decal sheet, and you've got a modified reissue for very little investment.

I want to say the Revell Mooneyes dragster and the subsequent parts pack "Dragster frame" kit were very similar to what the Sizzler used, ignoring the scale difference.

One small correction: the Mooneyes dragster (and Mickey Thompson's Attempt 1) use a Dragmaster chassis.

http://bangshift.com/blog/drag-racing-pioneer-jim-nelson-is-dead.html

Revell 1/12 Foose 69 Camaro Z-28

Listed on Tower Hobbies site , there is no pic yet

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDMUR&P=SM

Whaaaaaaaattt????

So we have another go at the big Camaro kit yet again!?

When I first saw this, this is the Foose Camaro I thought of:

Camaro_Nitrous.gif

When I pulled up a Google image search for Foose Camaro, it looks like he built alot of these with similar parts, but different colors. They all seem to have the same 5 spoke rims, RS grille with chrome inserts, and the LT-1 SS inspired hood scoop. I really, really hope we get an RS grille for the big kit!!!

What is up with the Camaro getting re-released twice before the big Corvette??

I would expect a pattern similar to what was done on the previous Foose'd kits- large diameter Foose style wheels with lo-pro tires, new decals, and not much else different than previous releases. I think the Coronet has a new center console, and who know about the '64 Impala, but IIRC the '68 Firebird only received new decals and wheels/tires.

I was hoping the 1/12 Shelby GT500's tires would be used, but I'm not even sure they'd fit within the Camaro's wheel wells. :huh: It will be interesting to see what Revell uses...

I would sacrifice three virgins and eat a goat heart for those wheels...just sayin'.

I think the problem is there is the actual Chip Foose guy, who I like for the most part - especially his more traditional stuff - and then there is the Foose "brand" which I hate...

I think if Revell is looking for something to follow up the Stacy David car, then the Foose-designed "Fender Less" 3w would be sweet, despite the "faux-tina'd" paint job I think it's pretty cool...

1208sr-01-z+1932-ford-three-window-coupe

I would sacrifice three virgins and eat a goat heart for those wheels...just sayin'.

Foose based the one-off 1:1 wheels on the mags from Mickey Thompson's Challenger 1, so that might be a starting point in scale.

Call me crazy, but I betcha he's built a few model kits in his day, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he still uses them when visualizing his designs... Like I said, Foose the guy I like. Foose the "brand", not so much <_<

Foose based the one-off 1:1 wheels on the mags from Mickey Thompson's Challenger 1, so that might be a starting point in scale.

Call me crazy, but I betcha he's built a few model kits in his day, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he still uses them when visualizing his designs... Like I said, Foose the guy I like. Foose the "brand", not so much <_<

Probably so. They do look more like the MT wheels, but what first came to mind when I saw them was the old Halibrand Smoothies that the guys would run reversed. Oh, and agreed on the guy vs. the brand thing.

W14624.jpg

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5778645&postcount=104

Hmmmm. The sketch of the Foose '69 Camaro is shown at the :42 mark, but it's hard to make out the wheel diameter. They don't look to be any larger than 17" or 18", and the only other new thing (besides the tires?) is a set of customized skunk stripes.

The D&M Vette Gasser looks to be using the '41 Willys' tires, with new American Torq Thrust wheels, in big 'n' little sizes. I see some variations/compromises(?) from the real car, but I like the built up better that what I see on the real car. The hardtop doesn't look like it fits all that well, though. Guess we'll wait and see what it looks like when the kit arrives.

'50 Olds will get the CA Wheels treatment, but they're not yet shown.

'37 Ford Coupe looks like a straight reissue of the last, Goodguys version but with a "choice of wheels" and new flame decals. Please let the second choice be the Cragar S/S wheels from the original issue of the Coupe kit!

The Rat Fink and diorama is kinda cool. The diorama and sign look to be all new.