Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tanker truck from the movie Duel.

I got my decals the other day. Josh Muma of www.BedlamCreations.com did the setup so now if anyone wishes to do the DUEL rig those decals are saved in his files. They look great too. Now I can finish this truck and trailer and relax again. :)

By the way I do NOT get any kick backs from his site or Josh. But I did ask him if it was okay to let my modeling friends know of his site and that he had DUEL decals now. If anyone is interested in them he did say mention my name. You may get a discount or not. I don't know but Josh is a pretty good guy. He asked me when was the latest I needed them and I said Feb 11 and they got here Feb 9 so he is good at getting his products out quickly.

Edited by skysoldier46

I got my decals the other day. Josh Muma of www.BedlamCreations.com did the setup so now if anyone wishes to do the DUEL rig those decals are saved in his files. They look great too. Now I can finish this truck and trailer and relax again. :)

By the way I do NOT get any kick backs from his site or Josh. But I did ask him if it was okay to let my modeling friends know of his site and that he had DUEL decals now. If anyone is interested in them he did say mention my name. You may get a discount or not. I don't know but Josh is a pretty good guy. He asked me when was the latest I needed them and I said Feb 11 and they got here Feb 9 so he is good at getting his products out quickly.

I do however, give kickbacks to Jim. Everytime he mentions my name I give him a cookie. As per our agreement! :P

• 3 weeks later...

well this coming Saturday I am off to Cookeville for the model contest and show. Got the decals on, the license plates mounted, the tanker and tractor weathered and boxed up with foam padding. Also taking my well drilling rig along to enter. Hope to see a few of you there.

well Duel didn't win anything but my well drilling rig won 1st place in heavy commercial. I would have taken pics but someone put a big rig w/trailer in front of the Duel rig. I'll take some later to post.

Your killin me Jim! LOL Someone on Facebook posted a picture of it but it was from above and a too far away. Can't wait to see how it looks all finished!

well here are the pics Ben, and your wheels are on here. note the different colors of each as they are on the real truck and trailer (the first truck in the movie that was used) I had a guy on another forum ask if I'd build the rig for him and I said no way. the trailer itself was a beast to get correct and some may say it looks different but they used different rigs in the movie.

Also I did not do the butterfly hood since the trailer wore me out but after talking to Eric from P&P at the Cookeville show I think that I will build the tractor again and do the butterfly hood. Hopefully I convinced him to do a resin Pete for that year with butterfly hood.

The decals are from Josh (Bedlam Creations). great decals and the license plates are from MiniPls.

post-10788-0-98561800-1363120308_thumb.j

post-10788-0-31430700-1363120357_thumb.j

post-10788-0-33244100-1363120403_thumb.j

post-10788-0-09240500-1363120449_thumb.j

post-10788-0-22209700-1363120495_thumb.j

post-10788-0-91052400-1363120544_thumb.j

post-10788-0-63126400-1363120595_thumb.j

post-10788-0-03241300-1363120641_thumb.j

darn if you ain't right Ben. I'm planning on building the tractor again and make it much more accurate so I will use your wheels then. sorry buddy for the faux pas. The trailer really tried my patience as you may well imagine. It is a bear to do from scratch and make as accurate as possible w/o that much documentation material. But I will use your wheels on the next rig and hopefully withing the next month or two have it all done. Apology offered Ben.

darn if you ain't right Ben. I'm planning on building the tractor again and make it much more accurate so I will use your wheels then. sorry buddy for the faux pas. The trailer really tried my patience as you may well imagine. It is a bear to do from scratch and make as accurate as possible w/o that much documentation material. But I will use your wheels on the next rig and hopefully withing the next month or two have it all done. Apology offered Ben.

No problem Jim, actually, the steer wheels and trailer wheels that you used are the most accurate wheels available in resin at this time for use on that truck.. My five hole wheels are a more modern tubeless style wheel. They would look ok on there but they would not be accurate. I plan on mastering a very accurate older five hole exactly like the wheels used on the Duel Peterbilt some day.