Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bugatti Type 35B (Completed Nov 10/06)

S10man

Here are 2 I have in progress. One is a kit I bought on e-bay, and the other one is a basket case that 59chevyimpala (Dan) sent me from the depths of his closet (its the one with the rear fenders). The plan is to make the one with fenders a full road car, and the second a GP version.

partdone3.jpg

partdone2.jpg

partdone1.jpg

Any comments to share on that kit? It's another one on the "Got to get" list. They look good so far!

Thanks Brian. Its the Monogram kit.

Bugatti35B.jpg

I picked it up on e-bay for $10...mint, still sealed. For the most part its a pretty good kit, with quite a bit of detail on all the parts. Its difficult to know how realistic the kit is...I've looked at literally hundreds of pics of type 35B's, and they all seem to be different! Like most kits, the chrome sucks...its way too thick and besides you have to clean up the parts anyway so I stripped it all off. Its well worth picking one up if the price is right.

Very sweet builds Bill!

I've been looking for one but they seem to have disappeared from the bay. I thought I might find one in Atlanta but that didn't work out and I'm stuck here in Hooterville...... :lol:

Thanks for all the great comments guys...much appreciated.

Keep watching e-bay Daryl...these show up fairly regularly and can often be picked up relatively cheaply.