Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 T-Bird

realgone58

Been a while, had to take a break due to buying a new house. All moved in and set up with my new shop/office and ready to build again. Here's the first quickie done. AMT promotional bought off the 'Bay. Took it apart, cleaned it, interior is done in white and black, roof was shot in white enamel gloss, body is original Florentine Green, buffed out, and applied BMF. Front bumper is done in Spaz-Stix.

IMG_4999.JPG

IMG_5000.JPG

IMG_5001.JPG

IMG_5002.JPG

Really nice model.

I much prefer the roof on the 64/65 to the 66 so I have the same promo and will give it a similar treatment one day. They still sell for reasonable money if you're not too fussy about condition.

This is a 62 that I restored last year...

f0d8d367-c405-47ff-834f-70c2bb75fc14_zps

Thanks guys!

@ Charlie- I like using the Spaz-Stix. I use it in a aerosol, strip the old chrome, sand any mold lines out smooth, de-grease really well, prime, shoot gloss black enamel, and I hit one light coat of Spaz-Stix outside in the sun. I've found it comes out best for me like that, but may vary with different folks. Much cheaper and quicker than re-chroming, and I actually feel it looks more realistic.

Scott, Spaz Stix seems to work better for me than Alclad, but everyone's experience may be different. I do know that it's pretty user friendly as long as you prep well and lay a good very glossy coat of black enamel first. Give it a shot on some spare parts first and see what you think.