Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge Is Completed

mrmike

Thank you guys! I just get over the fact that the paint job came out looking so nice! I need to paint the firewall and the radiator shroud after I foil and decal the body.

Since I usually just cut 4 wires at 4 inches long, fold them in half and glue them into the distributor, I read of a slightly different technique by Tim Boyd. I decided to try this technique by cutting eight lengths of wire varying in length from 3 1/2 inches to 2 inches and inserting them into the distributor with Testors tube glue.

Judge31.jpg

I found a piece of insulated wire here in the shop and will strip pieces of the insulation for plug boots.

Judge32.jpg

Judge33.jpg

I'll fan out the wires and insert the plug boots after the glue has dried in the distributor.

Here Comes Da Judge...

• 2 weeks later...

Progress on the engine has been a bit slow. Here's a picture of the engine with the plug wires installed into the distributor cap.

Judge35.jpg

Foiling was completed this afternoon after getting out of work early due to Hurricane Sandy. Decals are next.

Judge36.jpg

Judge34.jpg

Here Comes Da Judge...

Wow! Amazing job so far. Makes me so ready to build my revell skill 3 speacial edition 69 dodge charger r/t

Which will be my first doing distributor wires, I too have read that tim boyd tip, they looks good when finished!

Again fantastic work!.

And where can I get the purple stuff u use to strip the chrome??

Cheers,

Byron

Thanks Carl, Shane, Bryan, and Joseph!

I finally finished wiring the engine and installed it in the chassis.

Judge37.jpg

I found a couple of minor flaws on the hood, so I corrected them and gave it another coat of paint.

Judge38.jpg

I started applying decals this evening. This Goat is starting to look like a Judge!

Judge39.jpg

Here Comes Da Judge...