Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

I was having trouble last night posting. It would do the blinking green box and take a while to post. Once, it posted what I had written twice in the same post. I was using a Firefox browser which usually works better. Now, it seems like IE does better for me.

Ok is there a problem with the board couldn't get logged in now it wont let me post pics anyone else having this

I couldn't post pictures a few days ago. Going to try again now

Both of you, please go to page three of this topic and see if that solves your issue.

Except for one person who I have yet to hear back from, every person having this issue is using Internet Explorer as their web browser, and some/most recently updated to IE11, which seems to have started the problems.

Hey all,

I'm trying to post some photos of may latest build, and I can't get the things to work. I copy the link from my Photobucket as per usual, but they won't paste into the topic window. It'll paste right into MS Word and the address bar in my browser but not where I need it most. Anyone else having any issues like this?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

That's got it fixed, thanks Brett. I never would've thought to try that, I've posted links and such from this PC before. Maybe I haven't since updating to IE11 (I just install the stuff as updates are sent, don't pay much mind to them). But, thanks again!

For what ever reason, I am unable to post pictures or quote other people's posts. I can post just like normal, but it won't allow me to include quotes or pictures. Anyone have any ideas as to why? When I go to post a picture, I use the normal procedure, but when I go to click "OK", the screen becomes "frozen" so that I am unable to click anything. If I try quoting a post, it allows me to click "quote", but it will never show up. Any ideas?

Bit of an "issue" that isn't really much more of a nuisance, but is something I'm going to ask about anyways. Basically, when I click on the text at the bottom of the page to "mark community read", instead of the "options" appearing above the hyperlink, they appear below. Is this something that can be changed back or not?

Reason it's annoying is because you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (can't go any further), and when you click on the text, you then have to scroll down more to click on the "mark all read" link. If it can't be fixed, then I'll live. :P

Edited by Jordan White

Bit of an "issue" that isn't really much more of a nuisance, but is something I'm going to ask about anyways. Basically, when I click on the text at the bottom of the page to "mark community read", instead of the "options" appearing above the hyperlink, they appear below. Is this something that can be changed back or not?

Reason it's annoying is because you scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (can't go any further), and when you click on the text, you then have to scroll down more to click on the "mark all read" link. If it can't be fixed, then I'll live. :P

I just tried it and the pop-up menu does appear above, not below. I would suggest you send Dave Ambrose a PM and ask him about it, Jordan, as he can probably best help you: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showuser=3519

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried to get photos on here from photo bucket the way Gregg says to do it.

However when I go through the simple steps by clicking direct link on photo bucket. And that is simple.

Then back to the topic and click the image icon the Image Properties box pops up I paste Direct link in to it, and click OK then it will freeze.

Can't even cancel it.

I have to get off the page and start all over just to get back on the forum.

I did a test run on a Pro Board site and everything went fine.

I have been off line for a while maybe the MODS can check my account and see if something is keeping me from posting Photo's on here, or someone give me another way to do it.

I even tried to copy and paste the photo itself and that didn't work either.

I tried the Attach Files same problem/No results/freeze up.

Thank you and God Bless

Earl

I have been trying for over an hour now. And can not get pics to post, share, link or nothing. They are too large to upload directly it seems. I up loaded them to Photobucket, and tried to link them. Nothing !! It keeps locking up after I paste the link in the box. Ive tried using the image and the lnk icons, nothing !! it freezes up everytime. I haven't posted in a while, so maybe things have changed ??

• Gregg unpinned this topic