Model Cars Magazine Forum

white freightliner coe build

Hey guys. First off I'm excited to start this build. Got started on the engine block yesterday and seems to be going well. Needing to pick up some tools from work like small clamps and some blades for this build. I been noticing that there will be a lot of sanding with this amt kit. I was hoping to make this engine kind of custom by making it twin turbo. Has anyone ever hot rod engines that don't come out with turbos on them? I just think it would be fun and a little different to see on the build fforum's.i was wanting to paint the engine to match the cab and frame that will be a candy red. Anyone have ideas for what I will be needing to use to keep this scale in appearance? Thanks for any advice! I'll post some pictures layer today!

Bear with me. It might take a while but I will make sure it's a nice finished product. It's a little tough to get stuff for models out here in hawaii. No one will ship flammable products ttome out here so I have to have a source in Oahu that sends me things. Waiting on paint at the moment. By this Friday I hope to have my testers Dimond dust silver and Tamiya clear red that will be used for the cab frame and block. I'm going to make this one a custom dropped standard frame. Well at least a shot at it.