Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings all! i have been lurking about for some time,and decided it was time to participate. i am just getting back into the hobby after MANY years absense,i have spent the last few years amassing both kits and supplies,i am really amazed at all the "new" (to me anyway) developments in the hobby,and am really excited at the prospects of making my own decals so i can finally model some 1:1 trucks i have always wanted to do.A litttle about me,i am an OTR driver,36 years now,i own/operate a 2001 Mack CX-613 (Vision) and a restored 1963 B-61T tractor, i am considered to be somewhat of an "expert" in both Mack and Brockway trucks,and have an extensive library of reference materials for both,i am looking forward to picking up some tips and advice,and hope i can offer some assistance as well..................Mark

Thank you for the welcome! i have followed the progress of your Diamond Reo for a few days now,very nicely done! i am a big fan of the "new england style" pantjobs,ie: fancy pinstripes,two tone etc, how were those pinstripes accomplished? i just ordered a few rolls of Pactra pinstriping tape,and thought i would give it a try. Been a long while since i did any serious building,thought i'd start with the re-issued Monogram R-model,to represent a 1:1 truck that i once drove,just to kinda get my feet wet!................................Mark

Welcome Mark! Like you ,I have been out of the hobby for a long time and when I found this forum it renewed my interest in the hobby. So many things have come a long way since I was in it before, and the level of builds just amaze me! Again, welcome.

Hi Mark,

From one driver to another, welcome. I too am just getting started back into the hobby. The amount of information on this forum is fantastic and I'm amazed at some of the models these guys are creating, some even scratch built. I've always been a fan of Mack trucks, maybe it's because I grew up in Western Pennsylvania and Mack's were built here in PA, I don't know, but they always got me home :D I've driven a few Mack F700's, R models, DM tri-axle mixers and dumps and the newest Mack was a 1998 R model. I never had the chance to drive any Cruiseliners or Ultraliners, but I did know a guy that had a Ultraliner and he said it took a little time to get used to that air ride cab. The majority of the Mack's I drove were pedigree's. Most of them had the Mack 350 engine and the Mack 12 speed transmission. I always liked that progressive shift of the 12 speed and for off road work, you also had 5 reverse gears :) The '98 "R" model had the Mack 13 speed that was every bit as good as the Roadranger 13. One of the DM 690's I drove had the Mack 7 speed transmission, that was an odd transmission. Only one of the Mack DM800's I drove had a 5 x 3 transmission. I always liked the Brockways as well, but never had a chance to drive one. A buddy of mine had a Brockway 360 with a 12V71 and a Roadranger 10 speed, that thing would pull a house off it's foundation :D

Edited by Rich_S