Model Cars Magazine Forum

1951 Chevy

bbowser

This is the kind of build that got me into modeling as kid. Factory stock with plain Jane colors. It has a sentimental warmth like Americana. I love every bit of this Bruce. Split manifold, the sleeper of the day. And that stance is dead on, is that kit quality or did you adjust? Thanks for sharing.

This is the kind of build that got me into modeling as kid. Factory stock with plain Jane colors. It has a sentimental warmth like Americana. I love every bit of this Bruce. Split manifold, the sleeper of the day. And that stance is dead on, is that kit quality or did you adjust? Thanks for sharing.

It's all the kit. The body slid on like a glove, no teeth-gritting spreading to get the chassis in. Stance is unaltered. I really like the factory stock look and build most of them that way.

Great build. I too like a factory stock look - but slight mods a budget minded DIY owner might have done in the day. I also like the mundane color choice - what color is it?

It's Rustoleum 'Painters Touch' gloss Sage Green. I don't have an airbrush so I'm always prowling the hardware stores for off-beat spray bombs.

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments. I enjoyed this build, the kit went together very well for me.