Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help Identifying?

I don't know Macks that well, but I have a book of Mack fire apparatus and I'm thinking it is an L series which was built from 1940-54, or potentially the E series built from 1937-50. I'm leaning towards L as it looks like the E series has more of a sloped back grill. I'm pretty confident that it is not a B series as the fenders are more swoopy than on the B.

AITM makes a very nice L series fire cab. It does have a closed cab though so would take a fair bit of work to build it as an open cab like that.

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/cfk3macklfirecab.html

Edited by Aaronw

Based on my experience with antique Mack fire equipment, it appears to be a 1938-40 Mack E75S pumper. These were equipped with a 750 gpm pump and a booster tank in the 200 - 300 gallon range. The three louvers on side of the hood were replaced six (two groups of three) beginning in 1941

Hope this helps.

A.J.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your help! Now to find a base kit/diecast to work from... Would the Yat Ming 1/24 E Greenwich diecast pumper be a good start?

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/catalog/4b00_1_3589_1.JPG

I realize that it is a closed cab, but the other '38 Macks appear to have a different shape to the front fenders...

80111.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by hooknladderno1