Model Cars Magazine Forum

Catch LONDON BUS FEVER!

Dr. Cranky

• 2 weeks later...

We had both a 1948 RT and a 1967 Bristol bus in our museum in Kingston, Ontario. I drove them both. Top speed around 40 to 45 MPH and really tough to handle at even that speed! How those London bus drivers sling those things through London's rush hour traffic, narrow streets and 90 degree turns beats me!

If you figure on any highway driving in the scaled down version, better swap that mini mouse motor and preselect gearbox for something more substantial!

Tony

If you figure on any highway driving in the scaled down version, better swap that mini mouse motor and preselect gearbox for something more substantial!

The Routemaster never had a Pre-Select gearbox fitted, it had a an automatic gearbox manufactured by SCG (Self-Change Gears Ltd)

The Routemaster never had a Pre-Select gearbox fitted, it had a an automatic gearbox manufactured by SCG (Self-Change Gears Ltd)

You're right Geoff. I was referring to the RT and forgot to differentiate between the two!

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
Daniel, I hope that Hobby Lobby will carry it, that would be a great deal with the 40-50% off coupons. You bet!

That would be cool but hobby lobby tends to charge a lot more for the bigger kits and since the price is near 150 now they would probably put 175-180.00 on it .

That would be cool but hobby lobby tends to charge a lot more for the bigger kits and since the price is near 150 now they would probably put 175-180.00 on it .

Been to a number of Hobby Lobby stores....never seen any mark kits OVER MSRP.....You gotta remember retail price of AMT/MPC and Revell kits have had two price increases in the last two years. Many AMT MSRP are $24-26 and the same for Revell. I don't think I've ever seen any RoG kits anyway.....but if they get a Revell London bus I'll pick one up at 40% off like all models I buy there.....

I got a Italiari 1/72 scale XB-70 kit for $20 on close out down from MSRP $65!!!

Edited by Dave Van