Model Cars Magazine Forum

It was brought to my attention

Michael,

To answer your question, the body that was copied is a drag race "pro stock" body with lengthened rear wheel wells, integral, narrowed bumpers, with a one-piece, extended hood/cowl panel like what was customary on that particular body style when they were raced. To go on record, I am working on a stock body Fairmont that will have stock rear wheel wells, separate bumpers, stock length hood, separate cowl panel (and hopefully a PE cowl vent). I have begun the process of lengthening the new Revell pan to match the 105.5" wheelbase and I've also started work on lengthening the chassis in the trunk area to match up to my body. You are right, the new Mustang will be a perfect match for it. I am also hoping to do interior side panels to match up to the body. Here are some pics of where it's at at this moment... There is still a fair amount of tweaking to do to make everything look the way I want it to, but I'm slowly making progress...

stockbodyfairmontpics091414005_zpsadf2c5

stockbodyfairmontpics091414006_zpsdf4bf6

stockbodyfairmontpics091414007_zpsae529c

stockbodyfairmontpics091414004_zpsa01c1a

stockbodyfairmontpics091414010_zpsc110f2

stockbodyfairmontpics091414009_zpsdc4332

Mike - I totally agree. I don't understand why a handful of people were so quick to give Shep the benefit of the doubt, and/or implied that I should just accept the advice that this sort of thing happens, and there isn't anything I can do about it... Why??? We have a Great Traders Thread pinned in the Trading Post category to let modelers know who to stay away from as trading partners or are good - why shouldn't people be made aware of situations like this??? If someone buys one of the WR bodies and its quality isn't up to the high standards that Ed and I are doing our best to maintain, but then my name or my business gets associated with the lesser quality product, who stands to suffer for it? I know I'm preaching to the choir with you, but I just want to put that out there for anyone who thinks this sort of behavior should be glossed over... One thing I will agree with that was stated - there are lots more skilled modelers out there than me who are fully capable of making their own Fairmont (or whatever body style). I am fully ready to accept that fact, as Ed said, even if it creates competition for me. I'm okay with that. All I ask is that they make it be their own creation and not a copy of mine... I would also hope that they do their due diligence and spend at least a few minutes conducting research before proceeding.

• 1 month later...