Model Cars Magazine Forum

1985 Mustang SVO-WIP

Scuderia

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned earlier, I would be using the 87 T.C. engine and here's some progress. Things been slow on this, and there isn't much special on this car but i'll keep on since i started this after all lol.

0014-vi.jpg

0013-vi.jpg

0019-vi.jpg

since the engine halves were so small, being a 4-Cyl. i painted the halves via brush. trans is testors gunmetal, looks black in photos often esp. on my phone. halves are ready for a distributor via radio shack 30g wrap wire.

No photographical updates really, as i spent the last two hours trying to get the hood to clear. I trimmed the bottom of the intercooler and even heated it up and twisted it so the end closest to the firewall wouldn't sit up as high. All that just to find out that the culprit were the two posts on the chassis that the stock SVO engine sit into. Pulled the engine out, clipped off the posts n got the engine glued flat to the chassis now so it all sits even at an appropriate height. Also the air cleaner assembly is a no-go in this engine bay and i'm considering other options.

Started one of these a few years back, when the SVO's were only made in the red plastic and the '93 Cobras were new and plentiful.

Messed up the interior and never finished it though...

100_0273.jpg

100_0274.jpg

Someday I'll finish this one.

Anyway, I digress, maybe yours just needs a different hood?

Quite-possibly yeah. I also don't like the size of the turbo. I dunno if I want to get a resin piece, or make one with solder, or say F it and do a motor swap. I'm in a mental rut with this one at the moment. Yours is lookin' good should finish it off one day. If you need Fox interior parts let me know i have spares.