Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Plymouth Detroit Police Car

MadKaw6

I restored this car from a built one. It was a black and white at one time and then redone as a civilian car. It's pretty much box stock. The only additions are some detailing in the engine compartment ( spark plug wires, radiator hose, and heater hoses). On the front seat there's a box of donuts, cup of coffee, and a Detroit Free Press. I painted it with Model Master enamel and Alclad. I have some pictures of it being restored if there's any interest in seeing them. 0826141258_zps5abe1caf.jpg0826141259_zps517585fc.jpg0826141259a_zpsfb9a3d6c.jpg0826141259c_zps796c83f8.jpg0826141301_zps0ae9818e.jpg

That looks fantastic! Always loved this kit but have yet to build mine. I'd be very pleased if it turned out this nice.

I'm particularly impressed with the clean separation lines between the white and blue. Is this just very careful masking, or do you have a

special method?

That looks fantastic! Always loved this kit but have yet to build mine. I'd be very pleased if it turned out this nice.

I'm particularly impressed with the clean separation lines between the white and blue. Is this just very careful masking, or do you have a

special method?

Thanks. Just careful masking. I use the same fine line tape used for real cars.

Very nicely done, What blue did you use on this?......I wish I still had the 6 mint kits of this kit I owned about 10 years ago, EXCELLENT SAVE AND BUILD.

I mixed up my own blue for this car. It's Model Master Grabber Blue with a few drops of white in it.

Thanks everybody for the compliments.

• 2 weeks later...