Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1957 Ford Custom Tudor - Finished Pics

RandyB.

Looks absolutely gorgeous! Stance looks perfect and those AMT Firestones look great, I plan on putting a set on one of mine when I do a showroom-stock build, the skinny WW’s or the blackwall side would look just as nice. (My first one’s probably gonna be dropped a little with some mid-60’s mags and smaller and wider skinny WW’s). Did you do any tweaking to the suspension, or is that how it sits right out of the box?

Revell did a great job with this one, but knowing who they hired to design the kit I didn’t expect anything less. I won’t mention him by name, as I’m not sure he or Revell want it to be public knowledge (I work in the industry), but let’s just say that inside the industry he’s a legend and we’ve probably all got closets full of classic models he designed, but this is only the 2nd release I know of that he’s done for Revell. He also designed the new-tool 70’ Cuda due later this year, so anybody that’s worried about how that will turn out can relax a little knowing he’s on the job!

Wow! Randy, that came out nice! Great color and foil work. I'm right behind you on my build in a pale green color. I was going to use the blackwall tires, but I liked your wide whites, so I painted the kit tire sidewalls. I have a set of fender skirts from an AMT 57 kit from the 1960's, and I might put them on this one. Back in the day, skirts were so popular that you would see them even on low line sedans, wagons, and even on pickup trucks! I think their owners thought the skirts gave their cars a more "highline" look.

Sam

Did you do any tweaking to the suspension, or is that how it sits right out of the box?

Thanks everyone for the great comments on this build.

Brett....I didn't have to do anything to the suspension. That's the way it sits right out of the box.

Is the '70 Cuda you are mentioning that is to be released later this year 1/25th scale?

Thanks everyone for the great comments on this build.

Brett....I didn't have to do anything to the suspension. That's the way it sits right out of the box.

Is the '70 Cuda you are mentioning that is to be released later this year 1/25th scale?

Yes, 25th scale and all-new from the ground up (well, I don't know about the tires :D ). Will have nothing in common with previous Revell/Monogram 'Cudas.

Yes, 25th scale and all-new from the ground up (well, I don't know about the tires :D ). Will have nothing in common with previous Revell/Monogram 'Cudas.

That's great news....how soon can we expect this release? I hope it's more accurate than the previous ones Revell did.

That's great news....how soon can we expect this release? I hope it's more accurate than the previous ones Revell did.

I'd say late summer or fall at best. That seems to be the recent trend, about 10-14 months after announcement, which was a couple months ago. 50 Olds, 57 Ford, 62 Vette, and the Stacy David show car were all announced in Oct 2011, and they took about a year or so to make it to the shelves (Stacy David car is due the end of this month).

I'd say late summer or fall at best. That seems to be the recent trend, about 10-14 months after announcement, which was a couple months ago. 50 Olds, 57 Ford, 62 Vette, and the Stacy David show car were all announced in Oct 2011, and they took about a year or so to make it to the shelves (Stacy David car is due the end of this month).

Thanks...I'm definitely interested in the '70 Cuda if it's accurate. I wished I still had my MPC 1970 Cuda from back when they were annual releases.