Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

Thanks, I still need to do one coat but its getting their again. I am doing some research on the 2008 knight rider mustang, and the interior pic I posted is from the pilot version. This is the series version interior, its more stock, and thus I am going to go with this one.

228714_208375239184126_121438437877807_680668_5799924_n.jpg

Looking forward to seeing those pics! :D

I have yet to sit and finish that other project today (I won't be in bed until late though ;) ),and I need to make some head-way on Nick's '70 BOSS (I sure wish Revell would do a '11 G and '12 BOSS 302 :unsure: ,hint hint if they're watching),but I'll be jumping on the Bullitt soon,though I haven't broke the shrink wrap off it yet. I had been thinking rep-stock,but I got this cool resin cowl hood in from Lex's today...and I couldn't find any Highland Green Metallic,but I found a Duplicolor that I hope will be pretty close. Soon B)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Are the touch up bottles in a spray bottle or do you have to use them with a spray gun/airbrush?. Is highland metallic green the shade of green for the bullitt mustangs?. I take it you are going to finish the daytona before you start the mustang builds?.

I agree the paint does look good, the pics hide a little of the flaws, its not smooth as glass now that it has dried more, but nothing a little wets sanding wont fix. I will see how well I get the clear coat to go on and maybe I can skip that step, I dont really like doing it, and I feel its only worth it for show/contest builds.

I took another pick of the wheels and tires, I stripped the chrome off before I really started doing research on the knight rider version and what seems to be it has chrome wheels :huh: , lucky for me I just happen to have a can of chrome spray from rustolem, its not perfect but close.

kra1.jpg

P.S. Olskool- you got six stangs waiting for you to start working on them, crack one of those babys open, you know you want to :P

Edited by martinfan5

Six...are you kidding? I have like,15-20 counting Fox chassis (including the Fox 4's,the SN95's like my 1:1) and that BOSS of Nick's,LMBO! :P:lol:

But yeah,I'm waiting until that one's done,and I make at least a little headway on Nick's first (he's already giving me that pityful puppy-dog-eye'd look "Daddy,when are we going to build on mine?",LOL!). I should have finished that one up today,it has only a little bit left,but I've been nusing issues with the spinal injuries all day (ie: popped a prescirbed pill or two and relaxing\resting). I'll be gettig on it as early as this week at any rate,or as late as next.

Yeah,Highland Green Metallic was the standard colors on the Bullitts (on 01's they were also offered in black and blue),and Black was an option on the '08 models...I may just go that route this build,I really like a black Mustang (as looking at yours has me remembering :D ),though I'd have a bit of extra reseach as to what interior trim colors were on the black cars. I've seen one,but only one ('08. I've seen both green,black and blue 01's). Yeah,I likes the idea of a Black Bullitt,and I may use that resin hood on it too (where's that smilie that looks like one's in deep thought?) ^_^ Hmmm...that sounds good to my ear,I think I will,and then I should be able to take that "not quite Highland Green" paint back and exchange it for Oxford White,which I'll need to replicate that '79 I owned back in the day B)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Ok so you have a lot more , but I was meaning for this CBP :D , you know what might look cool, do it in the green, but do the hood you got in like a flat or matt black, I think that would look very mean and cool. Yes i agree you should get some work done on Nicks car, before he gives you those fake tears next :lol:

SIgh (LOL,actually),he's already giving them to me over our daily after school bike rides since the time changed...we had been riding between 10-18 miles around town or to and through the park every evening,now it's growing dark 45-50 minutes after the bus runs...I don't know if I could stand more fake tears :P (note: it's been a week off the bike,maybe there-in lies some of the neck\back issues the last 2 days,lack of excercise...)

Looking good Jonathan! The paint looks very smooth and the interior looks nice with the carpeting added.

Stephen, the Dupli-Color paint number (for the 2001 Highland Green Metallic) is DUPNGFM372, and it comes in the .5oz bottles. It should make it easier for the counter guys to look it up and order it. The factory paint code for the 2001 Bullitt shade is PY, and that is what Dupli-color sells. Hope that helps.

Edited by whale392

Yep,that's the one. I went in this morning (right after dropping the Mrs off for an appt),and they do only have that hue in the 5oz "scratch n dent touch up",not the rattlecan I need it in. So,that's that,LOL! I'll either do the black one,or use what I found that's close and do the black cowl hood thing Jonathan mentioned (sounds mean,I likes mean B) ).

I'll finish up that other build (or at least get it to 99.5% complete) today,then try and get some work done on Nick's '70,and maybe start prepping the Bullitt's body for primer,maybe spray some of that other green on a plastic spoon,see how close it really is. Thanks for the info,Bradley,much appreciated :)

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Auto-zone can usually have it next-day if ordered before noon. If you aren't in a super-rush for it, go that route and be 'right color'. If not, use what you have! :)

I'll have to use what I have,they can only get it in non-rattlecans,I have no airbrush since the house fire back in June (not that I had used it much anyways,LOL!). I'll spray up a spoon later and post it :)

Here's a Bullit I did two years ago. I must confess I used MM British Racing Green, and added a dab of black. How does this compare with the actual factory color?

DSCF2441.jpg

G

It looks pretty close to my eye. Here's a pic pulled from a book...

IMG_3586.jpg

That's a GOOD looking build,BTW :D

I too got a can of the GM 'Fathom Green' to use on my Bullitt (before the Bullitt kit was available). I later discovered that they offered the correct color in bottles, so I ordered it and shot it through the airbrush. Both of those substitute colors look good, and right for a display model! Heck, I can't tell British Racing Green from Fathom Green from Highland Green unless they were sitting side-by-side anyway!

The color you have will work just fine, Stephen. I wouldn't know any different with it sitting in front of me.

LOL,thanks,Bradley. Normally something like that would haunt me to no end and keep me awake for weeks (not really :P ...if it were some kind of contest build or something I'd worry about it),but this one will be "almost" stock,so it's all good. Pretty close none the less,and I like the shade. :lol::D

Edited by Olskoolrodder