Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #172 FINISHED

Real or model?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

Man, no matter what it turns out to be this week, a lot of people will be getting it wrong.

I do wish we had 3 choices though:

1. Real
  2. Model
  3. So freakin' Photoshopped nobody can tell

And "no" I'm not saying Harry did it, but there's some crazy photoshopping going on in that one. Either that or it only has brakes on the left side...

I am with Mark on this one, I think that there has been some serious photochopping on this one- several things catch my eye- so I will stick with my original vote. Less than 36 hours to go to find out what the answer is!

Man, no matter what it turns out to be this week, a lot of people will be getting it wrong.

I do wish we had 3 choices though:

1. Real
  2. Model
  3. So freakin' Photoshopped nobody can tell

And "no" I'm not saying Harry did it, but there's some crazy photoshopping going on in that one. Either that or it only has brakes on the left side...

I am with Mark on this one, I think that there has been some serious photochopping on this one- several things catch my eye- so I will stick with my original vote. Less than 36 hours to go to find out what the answer is!

Now I'm dying..What was photoshopped on this one....what facts are you using

Well, I didn't do the photoshop work, but the fact the whole car is levitating over the background (note especially the LR tire), the "shadow" under the car is on an entirely different plane than the surrounding roadway, and you can see all sorts of daylight out of the RH wheels, that clearly you wouldn't be able to see based on the size of brake drums on the LH wheels...I dunno. You can either see it or you can't, I guess.

I can't see any DRUM brakes on this car...looks like 4 wheel disc's to me...I can't see any levitation..shadows are on the ground plane...

If they are discs I can't tell...resolution's not nearly high enough. Either way, there's way more daylight between the brakes and wheel rim on the back side than the foreground side. What I can see more "clearly" is how sharp the edges of the tire/rear quarters are at the back of the car...yet the front headlights are vauge and only in semi-focus. That's why it looks to be floating to me...fuzzy everywhere, except where it's cleaned up and has razor-sharp edges.

Oh well...find out tomorrow. I'd believe anything with this one.

Im with you on this one Mark. I feel this one is a model

Edited by Aftashox

Mark....There is still plenty of resolution in this picture...I have an old piece of software called ADC..simple photo software...I viewed this same picture after clicking auto enhance and the balance / gamma line changed it....the front wheel caliper is very visible at 9:00...along with the rear wheel weight .

If harry can photoshop..so can you :lol:

I viewed this same picture after clicking auto enhance and the balance / gamma line changed it....the front wheel caliper is very visible at 9:00...along with the rear wheel weight .

Geez... this is supposed to be a simple "look at the photo and decide" game, not an exercise in laboratory forensics! :lol:

Geez... this is supposed to be a simple "look at the photo and decide" game, not an exercise in laboratory forensics! :huh:

Sorry.....I routinely look at most photos on ADC got it Eon's ago for an old Sony disc digital camera...

My guess is still real....never seen a classic model with a bumper sticker and a few other facts.

The Photographer is Darin Schnabel..He shoots a lot of autos for RM....this one is from the same shoot...note the background.

Google Darin and see some of his sweet automobile pictures...hot rods to classics

AZ11_r371_01-116-Tojeiro-MG-1952-Barchetta-RMS1-Darin-Schnabel_1200.jpg

59-Costin-Jaguar-Image-RM_01-800.jpg

ROM172.jpg

Edited by MIKE THE MANIAC

I got it right but the telling sign for me is that the edges of the car seemed fuzzy to me, like the photo was "chopped" onto the background.

It has been awhile but I spent 10 years in catalog/brochure production and I know that today's technology is more advanced than what I worked with back in the 90's. I do remember seeing photo's imposed on backgrounds in some of my past work and it was easy to catch but today I need to study it much closer in order to pick it out.

It was tough Harry, glad you won!