Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped & Channeled 32 Ford 5-window Lo-Boy

Bernard Kron

DSCF4144-web.jpg

Radically lowered chopped '32 Ford 5-window with Nailhead power

(More pictures below)

I'm a chronic purchaser of aftermarket parts, often buying bits I have no immediate use for if they look cool. One of my favorite suppliers is ThePartsBox.com in Australia. I live in the USA but they give excellent service and getting stuff from them is quick and easy thanks to an excellent website.

Among my parts stash from them was a very extreme looking chopped AMT Deuce 5-window resin shell which just called out to be slammed as low as possible in the current "Contemporary Traditional" style. Here's the lowdown on the completed build. The WIP can be found here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42129&pid=454652&st=0&#entry454652

Parts used from ThePartsBox.Com:

Body shell

Complete Buick Nailhead motor including limefire headers (Header turnout tips by Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland)

I-beam "wild drop" front axle (p/n 2298)

Hot Rod Big 'n' Little whitewall tires (p/n 1070)

Steering wheel and column (p/n 2169)

Other parts used:

Wheels from Revell/Monogram '37 Ford Panel Delivery (vent holes drilled out) with V8 hubcaps from AMT '34 Ford

Rear suspension, grill shell, dashboard, tie rods & taillights from Revell '32 Ford kits

Scratchbuilt chassis, front spring, steering and interior.

Paint:

Duplicolor Cayenne Red Metallic over Duplicolor Gold cleared with Testors DullCote polished to a satin finish. Motor painted Gold with various Testors Metalizer finishes.

Thanx for lookin',

B.

DSCF4130-web.jpg

DSCF4133-web.jpg

DSCF4138-web.jpg

DSCF4139-web.jpg

DSCF4146-web.jpg

DSCF4149-web.jpg

DSCF4120-web.jpg

DSCF4083-web.jpg

DSCF4111-web.jpg

Edited by gbk1

Thanx to all of you for the exceedingly kind words. ;):rolleyes: This turned out to be more work than I thought. I tried to keep it loose and fun but, boy, it sure had a lot of scratch building! When I listed out the parts I was surprised... But for sure I'll be exploring the lo-boy style in the future. I've always had big respect for the modelers who work in this idiom. It puts heavy demands not only on technique but on creativity as well...

Bernard, that one looks cool! I like the color on it, and paintjob looks good. That body is great too, it's low enough. I like the stance and engine detail. That interior looks good too, and wheels and tires are nice. I like this one, keep these coming. B)