Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 FORD Galaxie

Lovefordgalaxie

Ahh....someone else who sees the difference in digital and color; I do, espcially with a lot of reds/pinks/oranges and occasionally blues. One of the many, many reasons I still shoot 99% of my pictures on film. It works.

I am curious, Tulio, how do you find your older-model car runs on the sugar-based gasoline they're using in Brazil? Did you have to modify it in any manner?

As to the model...another great stunner. Beautiful, well-built car and a gorgeous color choice.

Charlie Larkin

Ahh....someone else who sees the difference in digital and color; I do, espcially with a lot of reds/pinks/oranges and occasionally blues. One of the many, many reasons I still shoot 99% of my pictures on film. It works.

I am curious, Tulio, how do you find your older-model car runs on the sugar-based gasoline they're using in Brazil? Did you have to modify it in any manner?

As to the model...another great stunner. Beautiful, well-built car and a gorgeous color choice.

Charlie Larkin

Yes, there is a huge diference between the digital, and film cameras, and I think film cameras are far superior, but, they are not so practical as the digital.

Our gasoline here has 25% in volume of alcohol. The modifications needed are just bigger jets on the carburetor, and adjusting the ignition timing. On the maintenance side, you just have to use the car at least once a week so gas won't evaporate on the carb. That's because the gasoline with alcohol creates a gely residue that clogs the carburetor up. To avoid that, you have to drive the car enough to keep the carb full, or to dry it in case of stooring the car.

Well, I was never 100% ok about how the Galaxie turned out, and I discovered why. It was the tires.

All the times I saw one of those cars it has a set of whide whites, that even not being as whide as the ones from the 50s, still were wider than a set of plain white line tires, so I copied a brochure, and painted some whide whites on the tires. Also added the cool rear view mirrors that came with the kit, that look alike the optional mirrors that Ford ofered for those cars.

Note how the color changes on those indoor pictures.

8527938917_6a42917a92_z.jpg
1961 Galaxie by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8527936001_9f4f81a000_z.jpg
1961 Galaxie by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr