Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pick up truck/suv build?

Jared Roach

Well, I started with the '60. Most of the parts are in the soap-and-water. Cab and box will have to be done separately due to lack of space in the tub. I'm still trying to decide on the paint color, but I'm leaning towards a solid. The two-tone looks like it's a bit beyond my ability to do and have come out well. If I do get adventurous, I'm leaning towards Imperial Ivory with either Sky Blue or Marlin Blue.

Charlie Larkin

Heres the start of my D-50 drag ..

heres were thr cut will be at for the back half job..

004.jpg

heres the frame cut .

005.jpg

and the cross frame started..

006.jpg

i will be usein resin draglites..an some parts box slicks an front runners.

012.jpg

011.jpg

more to come soon. i will not be doin a hole lot of detail , just lill things

Davin

lookin good.

Here's a update on the jeep, the paint is being a pain, so I still hve some stripping to do, but I had to set up this mock up pic, not sure if I'm gonna go with the chrome 5 spokes:

sonoma652.jpg

or the mopar rally wheels:

sonoma655-1.jpg

I'm leaning towards the 5 spokes.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

lookin good.

Here's a update on the jeep, the paint is being a pain, so I still hve some stripping to do, but I had to set up this mock up pic, not sure if I'm gonna go with the chrome 5 spokes:

sonoma652.jpg

or the mopar rally wheels:

sonoma655-1.jpg

I'm leaning towards the 5 spokes.

Either one looks good, but I prefer the rallye wheels. I think they're more in-keeping with a Jeep.

Charlie Larkin

now i got some done on the D-50.. now fist i want to say is that im doin this truck in a way

that in seems the average joe built her in his drive way .(not alot of fancy parts) but somthin a good tech could do .. with scrap an such.. B)

these first shots are the frame . i used the kits rails instead of scratchin the whole back half.. hence the average joe.. :D

with a bit of bracing.

006-1.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

i also got the bed filled with tubbs.. :P

011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

ok im gonna use a 440BB from an amt roadrunner....the tunnel ram is from the 66 nova (amt)..i modified it to look like a ram for a 440.

used strips for the sides an a scrap peice for the vally pan..

016.jpg

018.jpg

an now the mock up.. B):DB)

013.jpg

014.jpg

thanks for lookin more to come soon maybe paint.. B):D:D

how about 2 stock appearing ford trucks 1 78 ford f100 with the bed shortened to a scale 6 ft. bed or a 78 ford big foot kit that has been put back on a 53 ford pickup frame complete with a step side bed truck with a lowered dodge k frame and engine from a Mark Martin thunderbird and nascar style exhaust. or a 53 ford that's been stretched to make a car hauler or a 53 ford pick up that has been butted up and spliced with a chevy snap tite wrecker and yes ford running gear i have some of the 70's ford truck models and i' looking for different ways to build them but leave the bodies stock don't want to cut them up they are pretty hard to find after all do these count

post-6896-074352100 1286403864_thumb.jpg

post-6896-074345300 1286405077_thumb.jpg

post-6896-051258200 1286405099_thumb.jpg

Well since I lost the first 53 for this build,I had to get this one to replace it.

This is what I call an extreme custom.

I tried this once before and it turned into a mess,so this according to the look I'm going for is

going the way I want it to.

It is the old MPC kit flip nose,and a Big Time mustang kit.

This is the mock up,still needs more work to make it blend together,the bed has been shorten

and I will try to fit the mustang rear clip to it.

I may blend the mustang hood into the flip nose and have a big block eng. Without anything

sticking out of the hood.The hood will lift off instead of fliping.

Thanks for looking.

Earl

53badattitude001.jpg

53badattitude002.jpg

53badattitude003.jpg

53badattitude005.jpg

Ok, I started mine, its a 53 F100, built the way I would like to have one built. On to the pictures!!

1953F1002.jpg

Paint on the cab, this is going to be really hard to match the color, spray too much and its dark, don't spray enough and its too light.

1953F1003.jpg

Little mock up

1953F100.jpg

A little detail painting. Gun Metal spokes.

1953F1007.jpg

Another mock up

1953F10013.jpg

Edited by Clay