Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tall sleeper for Italeri Freightliner FLC?

Is there a tall sleeper (about 1 foot taller than the cab) for the FLC kit out there? The kit sleeper is even with the cab and the truck I'm looking to duplicate has a taller sleeper. Ultimately I may just extend the kit sleeper, but wanted to look into my options.

I finally got this kit so I can do the Pork Chop Express from Big Trouble in Little China. This link shows the sleeper needed.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_6593-Freightliner-FLC-120.html

Well, the Italeri kit is the place to start! Italeri used to have a kit of the FLC with a sleeper cab that was about that height but wasn't quite squared off as the movie truck's. Apart from that maybe a modified sleeper cab from the Italeri American Superliner might do the job, but you will need to square off the roof front and remove the front glass.

All standard non-aero Italeri sleepers are interchangeable, the openings are molded the same so they can change them around for different issues. Older versions of the FLC have a longer sleeper but no Italeri sleeper has a top like that. Your best bet is to get a loose sleeper off ebay and lengthen it and then raise the top and make the roof from scratch. Here is a loose sleeper I got a while back, I believe it came with both the FLC and Western Star at one time or another.

$(KGrHqZHJDQFBoUs0WUFBQcsY)yfow~~60_57.JPG

I planned on doing it myself, but thought maybe there was something out there in resin. The Ford LTL has the exact same sleeper, and I won't be building that with a sleeper so I can pillage bits if I need a donor.

Gordon knowing the name of that style sleeper will help me find better photos.

Thanks for the help

Edited by Aaronw