Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dreaming of a model?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK Christian... Now you've got me drooling for models of the Delahaye, the '57 Studebaker, the '53 Buick, the Fujimi Diner & Interior pieces......... Geeze.... Why do you do this to all of us...???

You've certainly got one hell of a good imagination and a great talent for putting together such good convincing artwork... Thanks for the good dreams...

OK Christian... Now you've got me drooling for models of the Delahaye, the '57 Studebaker, the '53 Buick, the Fujimi Diner & Interior pieces......... Geeze.... Why do you do this to all of us...???

You've certainly got one hell of a good imagination and a great talent for putting together such good convincing artwork... Thanks for the good dreams...

Hey, thanks!

I am doing this just to ventilate 30 years of frustration from dealing with an industry that is incapable to do anything but milk the same haggard cow over and over again, wondering why the client base diminishes. Even a model kit box is still too big for them to think outside of.

And btw. it's great fun!

Hey, thanks!

I am doing this just to ventilate 30 years of frustration from dealing with an industry that is incapable to do anything but milk the same haggard cow over and over again, wondering why the client base diminishes. Even a model kit box is still too big for them to think outside of.

And btw. it's great fun!

Thank you for saying it

Why not make the models you want?

Ford_gran_torino_1972_1.jpg

I drove this car as a kid and want a 1/32 scale one to make into a slot car. I have been trying to find all the 1/32 scale cars I can to convert, like these;

IMG_0643.jpg

But a lot of cars are not made in 1/32 scale. So I am going to make my own. I have a little workshop where I make some stuff for my other modeling hobby, wargaming models. http://proxiemodels.blogspot.com/

Cars are going to be a challenge, but I am working on it very slowly. I want to make several different cars in 1/32 scale and put them on the track.

This one is actually first up-cyclonepic.jpg

Lots to do.

Hey, thanks!

And btw. it's great fun!

Thank you for saying it

You are very welcome. And I'd like to repeat it so often that they can't hear it anymore.

If it wasn't for the valiant effort the aftermarket dudes put in, I'd be off to diecasts for a long time by now.

So hey, thank them for doing it!

Edited by Junkman

I could actually see Galaxie doing that '46 Buick wagon.

The Tucker would be cool, too.

Charlie

I would LOVE to see Galaxie come out with ANYTHING...... If it would be as great as their '46 - '48 Chevy's we'd ALL be in for a real treat. Does anyone know if Galaxie (Gary Schmidt) has any REAL plans to come out with anything new in the near future??

There were rumors years ago that they might come out with a '41 Chevy, but obviously that never happened.

Hmmm... I guess I'm weird. When I have a dream about a model, she's full scale...

I'm not going any deeper into this subject (pun bloody well intended).

moebius-bettie-page.png

I don't want this thread being nixed by you.

Edited by Junkman