Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Belvedere Driven By Paul Goldsmith. *Finished*

W-409

Thanks Michael!

The dash is waiting for bondo, so no pics of it yet. Also, I have been trying to figure out what to do with the paint job, because after the first clear coat, something strange happened and it needs to be wetsanded, I believe. Hope to have more soon.

• 1 month later...

Okay I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y have the Dashboard filled with bondo. There was quite large sink mark or what it is called, and it needed to be filled. Next some sanding, and then some paint. Hope to get the interior done soon.

DSCN1339_zpsbfa8db45.jpg

You can see '57 Chevy Black Widow on the back, hope to get that one done in a Month or two, let's see when I can paint it, now it's still in the bondo-sanding stage...

I forgot how nice these Belvedere kits are.....I may be to find my factory stock version of the kit....And build it soon....VERY NICE job on the build, I'll be watching to see the finished product.

Edited by spkgibson

Thanks Steve and Tom!

These are really nice kits and they build up very nice. Also I like the Slant Six engine in that stock '64 Belvedere kit.

I had to add some more putty to the Dashboard, but after that it looked really good to me so I painted it Gloss black. I'm hoping to get it installed today, if I do so I'll post another picture....

DSCN1342_zpsee39a217.jpg

DSCN1345_zpsf62c14c5.jpg

Looking real good. Don't shoot yourself in the foot just yet, it's the new photobucket that's the problem.

Yep, it is much worse than the old Photobucket version was. When that new version came up and it was still possible to use the Older version too, I switched back right away... Luckily the pictures upload to the correct album nowadays, few days ago they went every time to wrong place when I uploaded them. Doesn't matter if I chose the correct album where they should be uploaded or not. :lol:

I'm hoping of getting the interior finished today...

Thanks, Carl! Much appreciated. :P

Well today I got a lot done. First I installed the cauge panel to the Dashboard, painted the cauges black and after that I rubbed the paint off from the letters. I continued by gluing the steering wheel and testing my new Panel Line Accent Color by Tamiya for the door panels (Excellent stuff, worth buying). After that I put everything together and we have a Finished Interior. Not my bests, but still I'm pretty happy about it. Note the Door Panels, what are sheet metal from other side, and other side has the stock upholstery pattern.

DSCN1375_zps25cac2fe.jpg

DSCN1376_zpsf98b2e5b.jpg

DSCN1396_zps8901f454.jpg

DSCN1397_zps4ee92f44.jpg

DSCN1399_zpsf7407dec.jpg

Thanks a lot Scott, I appreciate it. You are right about these kits, too. I have many different '64 Dodges/Plymouths on my stash too.

Well I got the body polished up, and it turned out pretty good I think. Not my best, though but I still like it. I also added some black to the Door and trunk lines with Tamiya Panel Line Accent color. It works very nicely. Next I have to paint the body from inside and install the glasses.

I also worked with the chassis, I painted all details from the Firewall and installed it. Brake lines are installed to the Brake Master Cylinder. I scratchbuilt Battery cable connectors (What is the real English name for them?) from styrene, because I had no photo etch parts this time. I glued them to the battery and installed those inner fenders, other battery cable is connected too, other one will be done tomorrow. Also I put the alternator wires on place and made a very simple carburetor linkage before hiding it by that huge air cleaner. Here are some pictures.

DSCN1425_zps5765dd5a.jpg

DSCN1426_zps735c3f52.jpg

DSCN1428_zps14a3eec5.jpg

DSCN1430_zpsa3187bfc.jpg

DSCN1431_zps8721d319.jpg

Okay I was going to post this Update Yesterday, but we were in Dyno with our 350 SBC Stock Eliminator Drag Race engine. It made 427hp at 6,100 RPM! Originally that '74 350 had 160hp from the factory.

Anyway These are starting to be those Final updates on this build, I believe that there will be only one or two updates after this one before I post the Finished pictures here... I got the body ready to be installed to the chassis. Glasses fit nicely and so did the Rear View Mirror too. Then a bit cleaning (Fingerprints away) and I moved on to the chassis.

Radiator wall and radiator were installed, I made water hoses from somekind of electric wire, which seemed to be correct size for this. Also I installed the other Battery Cable and scratchbuilt better exhaust tips, since there was no holes in kit parts. I used styrene and paper to do this, I think the result is better than with original exhaust tips.

DSCN1448_zps4969f4a3.jpg

DSCN1450_zps56978325.jpg

DSCN1453_zps3849de0c.jpg

DSCN1456_zpsb608472b.jpg

DSCN1457_zps03f9eff3.jpg

Then I installed the body to the chassis. It fitted really nicely, no any kinds of problems with that. The engine bay parts, Inner Fenders etc fit perfectly to the body, too. Here are a few Pics.

DSCN1458_zps4f5e8f92.jpg

DSCN1461_zps690144c6.jpg

DSCN1463_zps6fac2f69.jpg

DSCN1466_zps58a556a3.jpg

Thanks guys for the kind comments, they always keep me going and make me trying to do better and better. ;)

This will have a short break now, since I am waiting for the hood to dry so I can put decals on it and clear coat too. But when the Hood is cleared and polished, it will take a few hours to get this one finished. It should be there at some point next week.

Forget what I said on the last post. The hood was suprisingly dry this morning, and it looked so good that I gave it a little polishing, and added the decals. No need for clear coat. This is the last update before Finished pics, too. Then I installed few little details, only problems I had with the Grille and Front Bumber combination. They didn't fit at all, so you can see from the pics what I did for it. In the first pics it is as it came from the factory, last pic shows what I had to do for it. I just can't explain what I did for it in English, sorry guys.

But anyway, here are some pictures...

DSCN1493_zpsd7728447.jpg

DSCN1494_zps4095650d.jpg

DSCN1496_zpsa41286dd.jpg

DSCN1499_zps3751162f.jpg

Thanks Carl!

Here are pictures of the Finished Model. I had no problems with the Final Assembly. The build was really fun and I would like to thank everyone for following and posting comments during this build. Thanks! I hope that this was interesting to follow, since I will start Richard Petty's Ford Torino very soon... B)

DSCN1510_zps602d20eb.jpg
DSCN1501_zpsa5077013.jpg
DSCN1508_zps98c2bab8.jpg
DSCN1511_zps4d56a4c5.jpg
DSCN1516_zpsa7d4ef3a.jpg

DSCN1512_zps01411c86.jpg
DSCN1515_zps6e2ef374.jpg
DSCN1517_zps6c39e3a0.jpg
DSCN1519_zps1c2b88d2.jpg
DSCN1522_zps41d3fce4.jpg