Model Cars Magazine Forum

pro stock detailing?

shift13

Starting with the revell firebirds camaros

And sportsman kits

Ive been on here for months and ive seen allot but other than distributor, plug wires, rad hoses im a little lost when it comes to fuel lines dry sump systems ect

Ive got a vast amount of knowlage of pro streets muscle cars and classics

But purpose race cars I have noy been exposed to enouph

Here is an example of a Dry Sump.Oil System

drysump.gif

An example of a Fuel System.

BG400LIN.jpg

They started to use Vacuum Pumps in modern Pro Stock engines some years ago to make vacuum in the crank case wich makes horsepower, and many others use this system too...and here is a pic of how that system is set up.

In fact the Pro Stock racers use two separate Vacuum systems now, one belt driven pump and one electric pump wich gives more vacuum for a short time and are only used under the run itself.

DSC07111.jpg

A picture of the electric pump wich you can put anywhere on the car close to the engine.

32725140-278-Pro-Stock-Electric-Vacuum-P

Hope this helps.

Edited by Force

allen, if it helps i am about to build and plumb the dry sump system on my 1/8 scale pro mod build. you are certainly welcome to look at the build and ask any questions you might have.

here is a dry sump system i did on a previous build.

001-18.jpg

also had a vacuum pump.

003-12.jpg

You guys are simply incredible I never thought of finding the sump diagrams. Understanding the components is easy but knowing where and how to plumb it is another.

So for future modelers like myself im going to start a step by step tutorial

I cant thank yall enouph

Summit Racing is a good source. A lot of the parts they sell have installation diagrams included that can be downloaded from their web site. Pick a part type like electric water pump and put it in the search box. More than you ever wanted to know is right there. Also try specific Bing or Google image searches like "pro stock engines" Stay away from Yahoo or MicroSoft searches.

Dale

Seems the parts sites have been more of a help than anyone else. google has helped a little but They just dont show the drivers side of the engine.

But im struggling witha couple problems

In late 80s early 90s

Were crank spun fans being competitively used?

And when were chain driven distributers become more popular? Rather than off the cam?

THe fan just dont quite make sence to me

Edited by shift13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...