Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Ford Torino E/Stock Eliminator

W-409

Thanks for the comments, everyone! They're really appreciated.

For the interior flocking, that's excellent question. I don't know why I didn't use it. It really gives nice finished touch, but don't know why I skipped it with this one. Well, I guess next time I will use the flocking for interior, especially when door panels are seperate pieces.

No progress yet, sorry about that. I've been building the Pro Stock Cuda now, but I'm getting back to this one too. I have to find cauge decal for tachometer. I know I have those somewhere, but where they are, is very good question. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Thanx Dave!

Sorry it has been a while since the latest update... I've been working hard with the '57 Chrysler at Cannonball Rally CBP, but it must be done tomorrow, so I'm finally moving my attention back to this one. Another slowing thing that has been on my way last two days, is that it has been snowing pretty hard outside, and I've been playing with an 1:1 scale toy. Very fun to go sideways with it. :D

PB290232.jpg

TunturiSlide.jpg

Anyway, I was able to put some more bondo to the chassis, sand it smooth, spray another coat of primer and then it looked smooth enough to be covered with paint! Since this is a Stocker, I could paint it black, but I wanted to paint it just like factory did, so the owner has painted Red Oxide primer and body colored overspray for the chassis. This is where I am at now:

Sorry the paint is still wet in the picture.

PB290240.jpg

:lol: . Thanks Dave!

After my "Birthday-party" on Sunday, I sprayed some blue as overspray to the chassis. It didn't turn out perfect, actually it's far away from it but the best I could do with spray can. Then I painted the Gas Tank, or actually the visible part of it black. Next assembling the chassis!

PC020340.jpg

Thanks, Cole!

There's actually much more work in these Stockers, than many people would think. Next I'm moving on to paint all chassis parts and get it on four wheels. I guess it is ready on winter/spring 2013.

Edited by W-409

Thanks Joe!

Your '57 Chevy Pro Mod looks fantastic, that one gives alot of inspiration to keep going with these Sportsman class cars too.

I should have an update later today. I will be working with the interior and chassis, stay tuned.

• 4 weeks later...

A little update, I scratchbuilt the Fuel Filter from styrene tubing and added those fittings to it. The Fuel Line is made from Home Made "Braided Line". Next I'm moving on to scratchbuilding the Fuel Pump and Fuel Pressure Regulator. After that I can complete the fuel lines.

DSCN0124.jpg

• 3 months later...

This has been waiting for a while, but now it seems that it's back on the bench.

It was real Stock Eliminator day today. We installed the Transmission and Engine to our 1:1 '74 Chevelle Stocker and then I continued working this one. Maybe the biggest problem was to find correct front tires, but the problem was solved when another Finnish Model Builder cast some Good Year Frontrunners in Resin. I bought four pairs of them, and one will be located in this one.

DSCN2158.jpg

DSCN2160.jpg

Cleanup was very easy to do, and the wheels I was going to use, fitted perfectly on those tires.

DSCN2177.jpg

Also I painted the front Subframe, and actually all other chassis parts. Hope to have it on Four Wheels soon...

DSCN2211.jpg

I was able to get it on Four Wheels Yesterday. Everything was fitting nicely and it looked pretty good, until I test fitted the body on place, and realized that the Rear Tires don't fit inside the body. They were close, but no. So then I had to take the rear tires off, and I will be sanding those wheels from backside a bit, since they are just a little wider than kit wheels were, and then I will sand those inner wheels/Brake parts or whatever they are, so the tires would fit inside the body. This means that I have to do the same thing for the front too, because otherwise the measure from tire to tire would be wider in Front than rear.

If I can get these things done by tomorrow, I will post some more pictures. Actually now I have already done the sanding for the front tires, and the rears are coming next. But then the assembly will take some more time again, and maybe tomorrow everything is dried, so I can move the chassis to the "Picture Studio".

Well I got the Torino back on Four Wheels. As you can see from the pictures, it needs Driveshaft Loop, some Steering Parts for the front, Fuel Lines need to be connected etc. But it's coming along. :D

DSCN2244.jpg

DSCN2246.jpg

DSCN2247.jpg

DSCN2249.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The bodywork is done. I glued the rear panel to the body, and filled the seams with Liquid Glue, sanding, more liquid glue and more sanding-method. That means I didn't have to use any putty at all, which is always great. Then I primered the body with Maston Primer. That one turned out better than I thought, so after the first primer coat was dry, I just sanded the body over all smooth and painted some Blue. At the same time I painted other, smaller body parts blue too and the front spoiler with Flat Black.

DSCN2468.jpg

DSCN2487.jpg

DSCN2488.jpg

DSCN2490.jpg

DSCN2492.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Alan, the Driveshaft Loop is installed now, but looks like I forgot to take a picture of it... Anyway when the body was dry, I decided to test fit it to chassis, and everything fit really nicely. Then I put the decals on, those Cobra Jet textes are from the kit, others are from my parts box. Now I'll let it dry for a couple of days, and then spray a clear coat on it.

DSCN2741.jpg

DSCN2742.jpg

DSCN2743.jpg

DSCN2923.jpg

DSCN2924.jpg