Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005-2010 Mustang

martinfan5

Yea I am starting to like this blue as well, i am not even going to wet sand and polish this one. I think the show lasted two season's , I will go double check, what I do know is I think I watch maybe three episodes, and the two hour pilot, but i just could not get in to the show.

I have not decided yet, but what I am thinking is for the knight rider build , I dont know if i want to try and recreate the interior .

I have finished the 2010 GT, i will take pics of it tomorrow and get them posted.

I am going to look at more pics of the interior if I can find more, and then decide if i want to , part of it I think I can do, like the middle console and middle part of the dash, but the back seat I am not sure I want to try.

Knightrider_9.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Looks tedious to my eye... :blink:

Can't WAIT to see those pics of the finished '10 tomorrow! :D :D :D

On another note,I MUST get on one of these soon,I just scored another hood off eVilbay (as my wife calls it any time I'm on there,LOL) for the '06-09...

Stockscoopedhood.jpg

:D

Edited by Olskoolrodder

I decided to wetsand the body as I found way too many flaws in the paint. After washing the body and letting it air-dry, I mock up the body, interior, and chassis to check for fit and then added the wheels and tires under the fenders to get an idea of what's it going to look like.

GT500028.jpg

Using some sheet styrene, I made the airbox. I will cut out a hole in the corner for the air tube.

GT500029.jpg

The Shelby GT500 has an open element air filter and with the kit air box removed, the tube wasn't long enough. I added a short piece of tube from the '06 Mustang air intake tube.

GT500030.jpg

More to come...

NICE color choice!

Thats going to be the Knight Rider mustang

I decided to wetsand the body as I found way too many flaws in the paint. After washing the body and letting it air-dry, I mock up the body, interior, and chassis to check for fit and then added the wheels and tires under the fenders to get an idea of what's it going to look like.

GT500028.jpg

Using some sheet styrene, I made the airbox. I will cut out a hole in the corner for the air tube.

GT500029.jpg

The Shelby GT500 has an open element air filter and with the kit air box removed, the tube wasn't long enough. I added a short piece of tube from the '06 Mustang air intake tube.

GT500030.jpg

More to come...

Looking good, are those the kit tires?

Well that didnt work out so well, I have seem to had made things worse so now the body is in the purple bath for right now. I am going to have to get some 91% alcohol for this one since I used lacquer paint and clear.

This build is already irritating me, I darn near ran out of black paint when painting it, so now I have to get more black paint so I can re paint it after I get it stripped . I got hit with the bad luck stick all the sudden, I am having problems with my Ferrari build and getting it painted.

Edited by martinfan5

Thats what I thought, but in the pics they look liked the kit tires for some reason, I have those same tires and they are nice, I am going to use them on the gt500 KR

I put the body in 91% alcohol about 30 mins ago and its already down to the primer, so now its in the purple bath to get the primer off. That was fast , wow

Edited by martinfan5

I could be the lighting and the camera angle. Trust me...these tires will look great on your GT500KR! Sorry to hear about the paint job on your KITT. Clean the body really good and here's to looking forward to a better paint job! Good Luck!

I have been test fitting with the wheels from the kit, and they do look really good in the pegasus tires. Yea I have already started repainting it, I have a few lights coats down. I had to strip my ferrari 430 as well, I went to start clear coating it and found that I had some scrpaed some paint of the top of one of the wheel wells, and I a spot on the roof manage to get glue or something.

Which is weird is i have not started working on this kit and its been away from any glue.

Like I said, I have been hit with bad luck stick for painting all the sudden, (dont get me started on the 69 gtx build) .

Have you clear coated yours yet?, and that filter looks good, nice work there. Is the mock with the tires on the axles?

Have you clear coated yours yet?, and that filter looks good, nice work there. Is the mock with the tires on the axles?

No, I haven't clear coated yet, I sanded down the flaws and will repaint it soon. The suspension is sitting on top of the wheels...not attached to anything.

I needed to make a few changes to the engine blower and valve covers as I have painted them the wrong color. The blower should be black and the valve covers are black and silver.

GT50031.jpg

GT50032.jpg

A mock up of the extended air tube with a repainted air filter.

GT50033.jpg

More to come...