Model Cars Magazine Forum

4-cam Hemi head V8 with a blower. Most Pegasos ( they built about 80 of them) had multiple carbs. Pegaso was and still is a truck and bus manufacturer. The sports cars were built by the apprentices! It would be like Kenworth deciding to put out an exotic sports car. They are awesome cars.

Edited by Modelmartin

4-cam Hemi head V8 with a blower. Most Pegasos ( they built about 80 of them) had multiple carbs. Pegaso was and still is a truck and bus manufacturer. The sports cars were built by the apprentices! It would be like Kenworth deciding to put out an exotic sports car. They are awesome cars.

educate me here, are these hemis like the mopar 426 hemis?

somehow based off the 2 prototype DOHCs mopar cooked up in the late 60s eatly 70s to compete with te ford 427 cammer?

i thought there were only 2 of those ever build?

educate me here, are these hemis like the mopar 426 hemis?

somehow based off the 2 prototype DOHCs mopar cooked up in the late 60s eatly 70s to compete with te ford 427 cammer?

i thought there were only 2 of those ever build?

Hemi refers to a hemispherical combustion chamber - not exclusive to the Mopar 426!

Hemi refers to a hemispherical combustion chamber - not exclusive to the Mopar 426!

Yeppers. Dave hit the nail on the head. Here's a few examples of different styles of chambers that I found doing a quick search for ya Eelco: (hope the image isn't too small to read)

Mopar 426 would be like the one on the bottom left-

CombustionChambers_1.jpg

BTW: That is a WICKED COOL looking motor!....and car! Never saw one before TBH.

Edited by Wayne Buck

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That Pegaso coupe used to be (maybe still is) owned by a friend of a friend. I consulted with him for fabricating the replacement mufflers. (pair of perforated tubes inside of a partly flattened larger tube)

What a SWEET Noise it makes!!!!

Peugeot used 4-valve Hemi combustion chambers on their race cars before World War I (that's not a typo...it is "one" not two). The Chrysler Hemi was designed by ex-Ford engineer Zora Arkus Duntov based on his Ardun aftermarket heads for flathead Fords, before he went to Chevy to work on Vettes.